mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Ibis HD featured bike Competitive Cyclist

Hi, looking at picking up an HD from competitive cyclist. It's a featured bike which has XO/X9 mix with easton havens. Have any of you ordered from them and is this a good deal? I would appreciate any comments.

2012 Ibis Mojo HD/SRAM X0/X9 Complete Bike - Competitive Cyclist

Heres the link. 5k$

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty4x View Post
    Hi, looking at picking up an HD from competitive cyclist. It's a featured bike which has XO/X9 mix with easton havens. Have any of you ordered from them and is this a good deal? I would appreciate any comments.

2012 Ibis Mojo HD/SRAM X0/X9 Complete Bike - Competitive Cyclist

Heres the link. 5k$
    They have a good reputation and a no questions asked return policy which is very cool.

Still I would call the Bikeco.com and ask for Kara to see what they can do for you, that is where I got my HD.

mtbr member
    I ordered that bike, but I did upgrade the wheels due to the mixed reviews. Bike is sick.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks, Leaning towards this bike over a santa cruz and ellsworth. So far competitive cyclist has the best deal over jenson, bikeco, wrenchscience. Appreciate your input.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    i bought my bike from CC! mike is awesome!
    -----
    some drink from the fountain of knowledge...
    others just piss on it..

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by superunknown222 View Post
    i bought my bike from CC! mike is awesome!
    Ditto on both!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ibis HD featured bike Competitive Cyclist-020s.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty4x View Post
    Thanks, Leaning towards this bike over a santa cruz and ellsworth. So far competitive cyclist has the best deal over jenson, bikeco, wrenchscience. Appreciate your input.
    Check cambriabike, with tax could be more though. I called them on the phone with upgrade questions and they gave me prices. Ordered mine through a LBS finally. The CC looks like a good deal.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Hi... I am looking at that bike as well... it seems like an awesome deal, but I have questions regarding the weight of the bike... It is listed at just over 26lbs, which seems to be pretty optimistic. What do you think?
    A climb is really just a flat piece of road that points up. A headwind is a climb that you can't see. So it's all flat road, really.

mtbr member
    When I got my Hd it weighed in at 26.8 pounds it is now 30 lbs and a HELL of alot more fun! most of the weight comes from beefier tires and a 180mm coil fork... it's a good bike for the price but I have no need for a front der. and all that anymore.
    determined to put the "mountain" back in "MOUNTAIN BIKING!!!" "HIT IT!"
    2012 MOJO HDeeeeeeee!!!!
    2010 scott CR1 comp

mtbr member
    I looked at that too, and I almost think they forgot to add in the weight of the frame on that list. I remember thinking the same thing though, that's WAY light for that bike. I rode a demo with XT group and a float in XL, can't remember the tires though, it weighed in at just over 30lbs, maybe 30.5 or so. I didn't weigh mine, so I can't tell for sure, but I'd say 30lbs seems about right still. That's with the X9 set, and a float and a rp23. Don't know about a 26lb HD, maybe in small?

Anyways, buy the bike, you will be thanking yourself every time you go on a ride. The thing is out of control.

mtbr member
    I have owned an Epiphany, Tracer and Mojo HD. Do not even hesitate on the HD. Blows the other two away.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011