artistic...

ibis freaks: tell me about the hakkalugi

i heard voices in my head instructing me to get one...
    want: Ibis ti handlebar. suntour 31.8 front derr. bottom pull

Witty McWitterson
    And if I were you, I'd listen to those voices! The Hakka is a swanky 'crossin' rig that can easily tackle many trails in a pinch! I've not had the joy of actually owning one, but konw some who have, they loved them. If you're getting a good price too, its a cicher to me. Besides, you can't beat having a handjob on your bike....
    Just a regular guy.

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by ~martini~
    And if I were you, I'd listen to those voices! The Hakka is a swanky 'crossin' rig that can easily tackle many trails in a pinch! I've not had the joy of actually owning one, but konw some who have, they loved them. If you're getting a good price too, its a cicher to me. Besides, you can't beat having a handjob on your bike....
    yeah, but they are rare... they make mojos look easy as brown paperbags on the grocery store.
    funny thing about ibis handling; i'm riding a too small for me mojo and it still turns, drops, climbs and accelerates like it's made to measure. better than everything i've been before, icl. perfect fit high end bikes...
    the only problem after i find my hakkalugi is that i'll probably drop the other bikes.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by colker1
    i heard voices in my head instructing me to get one...
    Early luggis vs. later luggis.

Early luggis had a stainless steel chainstay on the drive side while that feature was dropped on the luggis near the end of their production run.

Very versatile bike, very fun on the trail, slacker touring type geometry on the road, gobs of tire clearance off-road even running big meats.

artistic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Early luggis vs. later luggis.

Early luggis had a stainless steel chainstay on the drive side while that feature was dropped on the luggis near the end of their production run.

Very versatile bike, very fun on the trail, slacker touring type geometry on the road, gobs of tire clearance off-road even running big meats.
    yup... metax chainstays. what about the fork? i heard it's their achilles heel..

mtbr member
    I remember them from a shop I down in SC. I was told by one of the employees that the geometry was more touring than cross. It was a little too relaxed to be a dedicated racer. Too long of a top tube and not quite steep enough angles and such. Great bike nonetheless. Just take a look at how you intend to ride it. I think they built the right bike for most of the people buying cross bikes.

cheers