mtbr member
    Aug 2006

ibis experts, I need ti mojo help late model identify

Hi

I just bought a bike that is claiming to be a very late ti mojo, 2002ish having now given it a really good look over I am sceptical. The measurements are all correct the weld quality is right, the toptube is the right shape however the stays are not ovalized and tapered (it has disc tabs, did they stop doing the ovalized stays) also the seat post is 27.2, I thought all the mojos where 28.6. I have been unable to find a serial # where should I look. I have thought about a Mai Ti but from the couple of pictures I have been able to find it looks like they had a wishbone rear triangle my bike looks just like a mojo but for the above bits. any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Happy with the Moots

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Hi,

in general a picture would be from great help! As far is I know, all mojos used 28.6 seatposts, their serial # is engraved in the bottom bracket. The Mai Ti's did not have the ovalized and tapered chainstays, but they had a wishbone as you mentioned. I think there was only one Ti Mojo made with disc tabs, but this info can be wrong...

cheers

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Looks like somebody took a generic Ti frame and pimped it up to look like an Ibis with a decal set! I know in Calgary the cycle shop Nouvelle Cycle made ti frames for an inexpensive price. Complete bikes were about $2000.00. This bike sounds alot like one of those, cause who would change a Merlin, Litespeed, or a Seven, just to sell it? They would sell easily enough on their own. The nouvelle frames were quality stuff, not as light as my Ti-mojo, but a good product all the same. Just ride the bike and don't worry about it.
    If it bothers you so much, sell it and buy a real Ibis.
    Just asking, but how much did you pay for it?