Mtb Guide

IBIS experience n CS?

Hi IBis fans and maybe someone from Ibis will chime in too.

I decided to pull the trigger on an Ibis Mojo HD via my LBS great guys and while I was in shop they had the Ibis importer here call and confirm with Ibis that the frame size color links etc were available in stock, as later that week [last week] the importer had a load of stock other frames etc being sent to little old NZed. Great confirmned and paid for.

I have also paid in full at my LBS, all my XX1 arrived last week now just waiting on frame, eta end of this week. I just dropped into my LBS this morning to have my rear wheel rebuilt with a new hub to fit the new XX1 cassette and a call from the importer to LBS says my frame is gone and only black left [ which I do not want to settle for ] and if still want Vitamin P it will be December and no eta confirmned.

This means I have no bike to ride till then and not sure if I will see a bike before Xmas? Also more importantly it misses the shipment to NZed and more cost will probably come back on me to get the frame if and when it does become available.

My LBS used to be a big fan of both Ibis and they also stock SantaCruz, they did pre warn me. But I have stayed true because of the great comments I've read here.
    Im still committed to this frame in my color choice so hopefully it will be sorted.

I'm putting alot of faith here in Ibis hopefully they can come through its very hard to change my mind when made up I've agonisingly gone back and forth on bike choice and settling is not an option, I hope.

Cheers Mav
    Hopefully this is not a case of the little country being screwed over again.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    That is the ONE size/color combo we are out currently on HDs. Sorry about that! Checking on the next arrival time and will get back w/info.
    H
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Arrival at Ibis end of November / beginning of December. Currently in transit. Ship docs 11/26/2012.
    Cheers!
    H
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

Mtb Guide
    Hi Hans

Much appreciated for the reply and update, this is why I want the HD and Ibis.
    I can wait, just need to be patient which is hard, look fwd to it.

Cheers
    Mav.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick005 View Post
    Hi IBis fans and maybe someone from Ibis will chime in too.

I decided to pull the trigger on an Ibis Mojo HD via my LBS great guys and while I was in shop they had the Ibis importer here call and confirm with Ibis that the frame size color links etc were available in stock, as later that week [last week] the importer had a load of stock other frames etc being sent to little old NZed. Great confirmned and paid for.

I have also paid in full at my LBS, all my XX1 arrived last week now just waiting on frame, eta end of this week. I just dropped into my LBS this morning to have my rear wheel rebuilt with a new hub to fit the new XX1 cassette and a call from the importer to LBS says my frame is gone and only black left [ which I do not want to settle for ] and if still want Vitamin P it will be December and no eta confirmned.

This means I have no bike to ride till then and not sure if I will see a bike before Xmas? Also more importantly it misses the shipment to NZed and more cost will probably come back on me to get the frame if and when it does become available.

My LBS used to be a big fan of both Ibis and they also stock SantaCruz, they did pre warn me. But I have stayed true because of the great comments I've read here.
    Im still committed to this frame in my color choice so hopefully it will be sorted.

I'm putting alot of faith here in Ibis hopefully they can come through its very hard to change my mind when made up I've agonisingly gone back and forth on bike choice and settling is not an option, I hope.

Cheers Mav
    Hopefully this is not a case of the little country being screwed over again.

Hey Mav

Are you in Auckland ? Think we have the same lbs.

I've been waiting for a new front for my sl for over 6 months ( cracked in the seat post sleeve where the clamp is), bike still ridable but... have been told all sorts of thing buy the lbs, there good guys and i want to trust what there saying ( it will be here soon) but i'm starting to feel like i'm being taken for a ride, maybe i should have just emailed Ibis in the first place?

I think being down here at the bottom of the world just makes things harder when you want something sorted from overseas.

I'm keen to upgrade to an hd 140 but I'm having second thoughts, don't want something to go wrong and wait like i have been.

Mtb Guide
    Hi t8500 if an Auckland LBS def not same, Im in RotoVegas, I've been told about a few issues re SL supply, not sure on HDs, owners Ive talked all bought through my lbs and love the HD, I got to ride a couple recently and the size was what turned me, in large the fit was perfect, I could never wait 6 months I just cant see how that is possible or what the issue could be nowadays, 2012 I don't get why it would take so long, hope u get it sorted, I will go insane if I dont get his by the timeframe indicated, if not before Xmas then you will here me in Auckland screaming from the top of Corridor

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Hi t8500 if an Auckland LBS def not same, Im in RotoVegas, I've been told about a few issues re SL supply, not sure on HDs, owners Ive talked all bought through my lbs and love the HD, I got to ride a couple recently and the size was what turned me, in large the fit was perfect, I could never wait 6 months I just cant see how that is possible or what the issue could be nowadays, 2012 I don't get why it would take so long, hope u get it sorted, I will go insane if I dont get his by the timeframe indicated, if not before Xmas then you will here me in Auckland screaming from the top of Corridor
    Must get down to roto and ride the new Corridor trail ,
    I can still ride mine so not to bothered about it.

Hope your bike gets sorted before the summer kicks in, sounds like a sick build

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by t8500 View Post
    Must get down to roto and ride the new Corridor trail ,
    I can still ride mine so not to bothered about it.

Hope your bike gets sorted before the summer kicks in, sounds like a sick build

Cool, yeah def get down trails here are running so mint right now, Corridors is not bad the new views are awesome, there's a newish trail cut a few months back called Tokorangi grade 3 but fun, Eastern Spice is my fav G5 and North Face has just been re-opened and is sic as.

Im sure it will get sorted Hans was pretty quick to update which was awesome, I have most of my kit already just the HD and XX1 will be new to try, look fwd to that combo.

Cheers Mav.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Cool, yeah def get down trails here are running so mint right now, Corridors is not bad the new views are awesome, there's a newish trail cut a few months back called Tokorangi grade 3 but fun, Eastern Spice is my fav G5 and North Face has just been re-opened and is sic as.

Im sure it will get sorted Hans was pretty quick to update which was awesome, I have most of my kit already just the HD and XX1 will be new to try, look fwd to that combo.

Cheers Mav.

NORTH FACE O YEAH! loved the old one, used to do it on the hard tail haha

Is Tokorang the one that hooks in to Billy T ?

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by t8500 View Post
    NORTH FACE O YEAH! loved the old one, used to do it on the hard tail haha

Is Tokorang the one that hooks in to Billy T ?
    North Face is still orig, just scrub cut back to ride.

The trail that hooks into Billy T is Te O Tawa, Tok runs directly off new Corridor, on the town side, comes back across lower Eastern Spice and drops into Turkish Delight.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I have had nothing but great experiences with their CS

mtbr member
    Hi Maverick from a kiwi in JPN. Hope you get the pee yellow frame sooner rather than later. Sounds like someone was telling porkies. Ibis importer stretching the truth on delivery times?. Envy you getting a new bike in summer, we are in snow here. Stick with IBIS they look after me pretty well and I'm across the pacific.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yes, with Hans on here he's reaching out to us directly. I had a problem and he reached out to me. And then followed up with an excellent solution. Now that's CS at it's best, reaching out!
    We Ride In God's Country!

Mtb Guide
    Cheers guys, as hard as it is waiting, I"m hanging theyre hopefully only a few weeks away for delivery to Nzed be nice if its sooner, very hard not being able to ride, we have stunning ride conditions right now best start to a summer season I can remember.

Feel for you Kiwisimon snow and all but good times to break out the poles or board and shred some powder if you're into that, Japan must be a cool experience.

Good things are worth the wait, It hard not to get nervous this time of year mainly due to delivery to New Zealand around this time we always seem to get hard on delivery times down under where just a wee country, it has it benefits but can be tough compared to the US when ya a small market, no less important though.

Last year I had a V10c on order, ordered in Oct, I never got her until after Xmas which was ok as I had another DH bike to ride at the time and I new up front it would be tight, limited numbers and all, this year I dont have that luxury, the Ibis is my only ride going forward a key reason I choose it, our importer is pretty good.

Hans has been great with replies too.

Counting down the days!
    Mojo 1 Mojo 2 Mojo 3