Neo-Retro Forever
    Oct 2004

Ibis/blog update

VRC Hound
    I was checking out your blog yesterday. Nice. Did you swap the XT derailleur cage on the Alien ACX with an Ultegra?

I am eagerly waiting for Ibis pictures.

Too Much Fun

Good job! Nice blog!

Quote Originally Posted by richieb
    Great, great blog! I've been riding since '86 and love seeing the old gear. I'm also an ex-Ibis framebuilder (Ti Mojos and Ti Stems circa '93-95?) and its nice to see the old logo still out there on frames. That was the best of their many iterations.

BTW, I've got a 1987 Fisher Competition, Tom Teesdale fillet brazed frameset (frame, fork, stem,) in the original Joe Murray era Fisher Team colors that I'm gearing up to sell. Lemme know if thats something you might be into. Its in good shape with just a few paint nicks on it. I'll post pics soon. Its needs a little cleanup first.
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    Are those the water applied Ibis decals? If so, how hard were they to apply? Looks great!

Steel is Real!
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by richieb
    What's the fork on your Bonty?
    Wanted: Bontrager TI LITE in medium please

Neo-Retro Forever
    Oct 2004
    The decals were the dry-app ones. I was initially led to beleive they's be the H2O ones, but I guess there was some confusion. They weren't hard, but be prepared to take some time and patience, and figure out some good clearcoating solutions...

The fork on the Bontrager is a Marzocchi Z-2...it has since been replaced my a Pace carbon (thanks Sky!)

anyhow...more Ibis updates at http://vintage-fat.blogspot.com/

rb