Thread: Ibis is Back!

mtbr member

Ibis is Back!

guess they introduced their two new bikes this week.

the new mojo is not like the mojo we all know. this one is full suspension carbon with that fancy dw-link stuff. not exactly my kind of bike, but, i'm sure it's pretty sweet.

their new carbon road bike looks super nice as well..but road biking is only so cool. i'm happy enough with my cheap road bike if i'm so inclined to hop on it.

i'm hoping to see some steel and titanium.....we'll see i guess.
    Last edited by garnetspur; 09-28-2005 at 12:53 PM.

mtbr member

independent uses the same dw link system on this one

i think that IF and Ibis are the only companies that have this suspension design. (just did a quick google, and iron horse (of all companies) uses the design too)

i think they are cross country intended....or epic cross country intended....not drops, etc....

thing is, the IF is titanium which is way more rad imo...carbon just isn't intended for mountain biking, imo....too fragile...too easy to chip..etc....

i don't know though...'cause i've never ridden a full suspension bike....5.5 inches of travel seems like an awful lot for that type of riding....others chyme in with your opinion.

i'm just interested, because i've always been a fan of ibis...but, i'm not really interested in this particular bike personally..

sharing the love

Imho, Fwiw

That thing makes no sense to me. It's got 5.5" of travel which is cool, but it's carbon fiber so you wouldn't want to crash on it, and it still weighs close to 6 lbs, which isn't that light for carbon fiber. It would make more sense to have 4" of travel and weigh under 5 lbs OR make it out of a different material that can bounce off some rocks once in a while. Judging by the length of that stem, it's for climbing only...
    [SIZE=1]"Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race." - H.G. Wells[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    HA!! I can't believe this!!!
    People skeptical about carbon fiber durability and being negative about the "new" ibis mojo!
    Funny
    Glad everything worked out!

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    Holy crap. Not only is Ibis back...this thread is back. 5 years old? Gotta be some kind of record.

Too Much Fun

Good job! Back with a vengence

This thread LIVES.

It's worth celebrating the Ibis comeback. Not many companies can pull off what Ibis has, regardless of product or industry. Coming back from the dead ain't easy in the corporate world.

The fact that the bikes they're putting out these days are so absurdly good is strong testament to Chuckie, Hans Roz & the whole gang. It took some chutzpah to go deep with the carbon tech and now look where the industry is... Good work deserves strong praise and the bikes reflect Good Work.

As someone who knew Ibis intimately back in the day and has ridden their bikes for longer then I care to discuss... Yeah, I've got mad nostalgia for the Old Ibis, but I'm pretty damn stoked for the New Ibis, even though it ain't that new anymore...

Word.
    - -benja- -

mtbr member

great to see how good ideas last.

The Crow
    Quote Originally Posted by zebdi
    That thing makes no sense to me. It's got 5.5" of travel which is cool, but it's carbon fiber so you wouldn't want to crash on it, and it still weighs close to 6 lbs, which isn't that light for carbon fiber. It would make more sense to have 4" of travel and weigh under 5 lbs OR make it out of a different material that can bounce off some rocks once in a while. Judging by the length of that stem, it's for climbing only...
    Boy were you wrong! Viva le Ibis
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West
    And my spirit is crying for leaving

bbc
    Bueno!
    This is funny stuff. I crash on my Mojo a lot, still kickin' it. Got my Mojo workin'.

Proud lame eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwan
    Boy were you wrong! Viva le Ibis

Whatever dude, you know Carbon is a weak source for mountainbiking on.

The Worlds Flat too, you know.

And Greek Mytholody is in fact, FACT, not fiction.

How the MTB world has prgressed in the past ten years is just awesome ot be part of. I've been in it for 20+ years, but really from the mid-90's on it's been real fun.
    www.velocitybicycles.comWhere customers become friends, not simply a dollar sign.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    just caned the living daylight out of my Mojo this evening. Damn this is a great bike!

rides with camera
    I was thinking the o.p was stupid or on drugs until I looked at the date
    Fu(k cancer

thelonebiker.com