Thread: Ibis

mtbr member

Ibis

I purchased the Ibis mojo sl special blend from Competetive Cyclist almost a month ago but there was a big backorder on this bike and finally after a long wait, I am expecting the bike (package) this Monday. These guys from Competetive Cyclist are awesome. All through the wait time they kept me updated of any progress on the bike's arrival. They even gave in to my request of the older price of $2750 for the 2012 model. They just raised the price to $3000 for the 2013 model ( not much difference with the 2012 except Ibis wanted to raise their prices to cover manufacturing) plus a few upgrades on the components . They threw in SLX crankset, XT rear derailleur,Formula brakes, and Sun Ringo Inferno Wheels not bad for the price I paid and that long wait. ( By the way, they didn't charge any Tax and shipping was free). Not to forget their lifetime unconditional return policy. ( hard to believe).Anyway, 'just thought I'd share my experience with Competetive Cyclist.Oh, this is my third bike first started with the Giant Yukon ( too heavy sold it) then I still have my Specialized Rockhopper 29r then now this Ibis. I'll give it a try after all those great reviews for the small budget I have.Anyway its my first time joining this group ( forum ). Here's to a great experience.
    Last edited by koji; 04-26-2013 at 04:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Bold.

mtbr member
    Welcome koji. You'll find the Ibis forum to be a friendly & helpful place (when there aren't too many homers lurking about ). Post more after you get to ride your first Ibis!

mtbr member
    no reason for using bold letters just found myself typing at that setting ( bold that is )

mtbr member
    Thanks for the welcome...I sure will post my first experience and feedback on this bike.

mtbr member
    Those special blends are a crazy deal. Enjoy yours.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Welcome Koji! i, too have a Spec Rockhopper 29er AND an Ibis mojo SL. You're not going to regret on your purchase! Ibis Mojo is a very fun bike.

Bike Addiction
    Same good CS from CC for me. First frame was cracked during shipping but called them and sent pics. Had the new frame with in a couple of weeks. They overnighted it to me as soon the first frame got back to them. Special thanks to Kyle Smyth in sales and warranty dept guys. Loving my HD
    Disclaimer: Always get a second opinion cause I'm just guessing

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Congrats on the new Mojo! Still amazed Ibis offers these at this price, considering the price of the frame alone is spitting-distance from this complete bike.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the new ride!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Once you go ibis you never go back ... Enjoy your new ride.. Btw-- my experience with CC was the same-- would be hard pressed to get a bike from anywhere else..

mtbr member

Ibis

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367277557.612359.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  30.4 KB

Unpacking my new Ibis Mojo SL from Competetive Cyclist...

mtbr member

Ibis

Ibis-imageuploadedbytapatalk1367283412.899504.jpg

test ride....

mtbr member

Ibis

Does anyone know the measurements of the stock Ibis handlebars, the rise etc. and also the stem that comes with it? Ty

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by koji View Post
    Does anyone know the measurements of the stock Ibis handlebars, the rise etc. and also the stem that comes with it? Ty
    If you go tho the Mojo SL page and click "compare built kits" they list the full specs.

Handlebar Ibis 31.8 AL-7075 T6 4 x 9 deg bend 710 mm wide 270g
    Stem Ibis 3D Forged 31.8 Bar/28.6 Steerer 7075 (70, 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 130) 120g
    Seatpost Ibis 31.6 x 350 L, 7075 220g

BTW, congrats on the new ride!

mtbr member

Ibis

Thank you so much for the much needed info... I was looking into upgrading the bars and stem. These measurements will help me a lot...

mtbr member

Ibis

Has anyone tried converting the Sun Ringle Inferno Wheels to tubeless? Is this possible? Any suggestions out there... thank you

mtbr member
    Congrats Koji,

I'm sure you'll love it. Interestingly enough I think I purchased the last 2013 SB Mojo SL at $2800/old rate before they bumped up the price to $3K. It literally changed price as I was going through check out, had to call the CC to make sure all was good to go. That said I may have just fell on a killer deal on a different frame so the SB might be going for sale for what I paid for it (still sitting unridden in the CC box)...I'll have to see how the shakes out. Again congrats!

mtbr member

Ibis

You sure had a killer deal on that one. I have gone through several bikes and for that price it is more than worth it.... Climbing rocky steep hills was smooth and so as downhill runs...

mtbr member
    Yup I felt pretty lucky to get the last one. That said if I end up selling it, I still plan on "keeping it the family" so to say. The bike is still a deal at $2995. At $2795 it was just crazy!