mtbr member
    Nov 2009

I9 wheels for Mojo

My 2010 nuclear pesto Mojo is in my LBS waiting to be built. I'm pretty set on getting I9 AM wheels.. but the tough part is choosing the color combo. Any suggestions? or pictures of I9/custom wheel colors on your mojo?

mtbr member

4 billion?

Is that 4 billion and something posts? Thats cool How old are you? I need to figure how many posts a second you average for your life lived. Oh ya, I wish I had I9 wheels.
    OK, 55 million a day since you joined.
    Last edited by miles wadsworth; 02-02-2010 at 08:36 PM.
    milesW

flow where ever you go

Read them all - if you dare!

vtsingletrack
    mtbr member

I decided to read every single one of vtsingletracks 4 billion posts - to pass the time and see if I'd get in the Guinness Book or something. Sad to see only one actual post.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Bright colour wheels for Dark colour frame and vice versa.. U can match ur hub colour with the link also...Blue is nice as it matches the knob colour on the suspension and shock provided u are using Fox. I notice some of the I9 wheels have coloured spokes. Personally, I preferred black spokes but the colour of the hubs and nipples gotta be the same. Too much colour on a bike is no no to me.. Sometimes less is more.

Anyway thats my 2 cents opinion.. cheers...

Stucco Bucket
    2 ano color wheels will set you back ~1200.
    I went with Crankbrothers instead. I9 they will also do a fade on the spokes. Keep in mind turnaround may be 6-8 weeks for exotic colors.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Thanks guys. I have no idea how no idea why it says 4 billion posts. I posted last night for the 1st or second time ever I believe. Maybe a moderator knows how to fix it?

I'm sort of leaning towards black spokes and rim, maybe silver hub. I think it might match my chrome links well. Or might that be too much matching? chrome links, chrome bb, silver cranks...

Church of the Wheel
    Hans wrote something about color schemes awhile back. I think he said that it's generally a good idea to leave things at one main color and one accent color, otherwise things start to look too busy. I don't think black or silver really count though because they're both pretty neutral.

So nuclear pesto frame with chrome links? I think you could do a variety of things with I-9 that would look good, just try to complement the pesto green. Black or silver would obviously work, but a dash of color might look good too. Any other colors on components, e.g. red brakes or anything? Seatpost color? If everything else is black or silver, maybe a dash of color with red hubs and spokes, and black rims? Or you could get faaancy and do red hubs, and spokes that fade from red to black, ooh la la. I guess I'm sort of stuck on red. Then again, red and green might look sorta Christmassy. Maybe (shiver) purple? It's so 80's, but purple does work well with green...
    "I thought you'd never love me without my Mojo." -Austin Powers

mtbr member
    my matte mojo SL is getting a custom set of I9 anodized orange wheels. the only other orange accents i'll have will be my raceface bars and cranks.

the rest will be black (including fork) and nickle (links etc).

if you're going to spend $1k on wheels, i think you should have some fun with them.

mtbr member
    Those I9 spokes add a LOT of color, I have a set of ultralights on my tranny with black hubs and blue spokes and in the sun those things are ridiculous.

I had my mojo wheels built with I9 classic hubs in red with normal black spokes on stans flows, just the right touch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I9 wheels for Mojo-i91.jpg  

mtbr member
    after riding enough dirt they all look kind of brownish anyway...
    功夫大师喜欢骑着他的自行车在山上。

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I did some math. approx 490,000 posts per day since I was born. Anyone have white rims? or do they end up muddy and brown/gray?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vtsingletrack
    I did some math. approx 490,000 posts per day since I was born. Anyone have white rims? or do they end up muddy and brown/gray?

You know my steez...

Go for max reaction!

I love my I9's. They look amazing but they also WORK very well. A total win win (but not inexpensive). Worth every penny.

Orange Crush (too pretty to ride?)
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

KevinK
    Jul 2005
    @ pedsdoc

How do your ZTR's compared to the 819's? I have 819's w/ Cont MK 2.4 UST, and it's great. Wondering if you feel any difference in wheel stiffness. Beautiful wheels! Love the red spokes, and how the white rim matches the fork.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinK
    @ pedsdoc

How do your ZTR's compared to the 819's? I have 819's w/ Cont MK 2.4 UST, and it's great. Wondering if you feel any difference in wheel stiffness. Beautiful wheels! Love the red spokes, and how the white rim matches the fork.
    Kevin,

The ZTR Arch rims are lighter than the 819s and seem wider. I also have another I9 wheelset with 819 rims and so far I don't feel any difference in wheel stiffness.

For the OP,

white rims, green spokes, silver hubs....