mtbr member
    Feb 2012

How much should I ask for my Mojo?

I bought a Yeti SB-95 this spring , and I think the time has come to sell my beloved Mojo (it just makes no sense to have two bikes in the same "category"). I've been looking on e-bay and haven't seen many, however. I'd love anyone's opinions on what I should ask for it:

-2007 mojo-c, new links. Clear coat could look better; the original frame protectors took some spots out (the carbon is fine), and now has a frameskin kit protecting everything.

-Maverick Duc-32 fork, sent to suspension experts for head locks and a floating piston (with the floating piston, these are actually awesome forks). Both lengths of adjustable stems.

-XTR cranks, BB & front derailleur, XO rear and (grip) shifters. Newer rotor rings, X9 cassette.

-King front hub, american classic rear, newer Flow rims. Bontrager XR-4 front and XR-2 rear tires, good condition.

-Salsa promoto bar, freshly factory rebuilt Joplin-R post and Thomson masterpiece post, WTB laser V saddle (ti rails).

-Magura Marta SL brakes.

Beyond the clear coat cosmetics, bike is in overall great shape; roughly 25 lbs.
    Keith in Corvallis

Yeti SB-95 Race
    Yeti Big Top Race
    Niner SIR 9 SS
    Foundry Auger
    Vulture SS
    GT GTR Carbon Expert

mtbr member
    Have pictures? This will tell the shape of the bike, and if you're selling, you will want to show the pictures anyways. Also year and shape of the parts is key.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    That's an excellent point.

I took these in my garage with my i-phone, so they're not the best pics ever, but they're sufficient to show the overall condition and the clear coat issue. It's actually got different bars on it right now (aluminum Specialized bars), because the Salsas are a little narrower than what I usually like (but I assume most people would prefer the bling factor of those).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How much should I ask for my Mojo?-img_0321.jpg  

How much should I ask for my Mojo?-img_0322.jpg  

How much should I ask for my Mojo?-img_0323.jpg  

How much should I ask for my Mojo?-img_0324.jpg  

How much should I ask for my Mojo?-img_0325.jpg  

Keith in Corvallis

Yeti SB-95 Race
    Yeti Big Top Race
    Niner SIR 9 SS
    Foundry Auger
    Vulture SS
    GT GTR Carbon Expert

mtbr member
    Ok, those are some good photos. Well you do have some good use out of your bike, that's for sure. I'm not the best estimator when it comes to this, but I am thinking in the $1750-$2150 range. By the way, I have always loved those Maverick forks. Some of the nicest forks of the day. Wish they still made them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thanks for the feedback--that's sort of what I was thinking. It's still got an awful lot of fun left it in for someone, but it's also seen some miles. I know other people have burnished the bad spots out of the clear coat and nail polished it to like-new condition, but I'm a little too cautious to try.

The maverick fork really is sweet, especially after some love from Suspension Experts. The floating piston took care of the fork's tendency to brake-dive. They're stiff and light, and I'd say the overall ride quality (with current tune) is very, very similar to my Fox 34.
    Keith in Corvallis

Yeti SB-95 Race
    Yeti Big Top Race
    Niner SIR 9 SS
    Foundry Auger
    Vulture SS
    GT GTR Carbon Expert

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Done: now listed on e-bay. There's part of me hoping it doesn't sell; a lot of good memories, and a pretty nice "guest bike" when friends are here from out of town.
    Keith in Corvallis

Yeti SB-95 Race
    Yeti Big Top Race
    Niner SIR 9 SS
    Foundry Auger
    Vulture SS
    GT GTR Carbon Expert

mtbr member
    Hey it's a great bike. I would part that bike out, you would get more money for it. I'm guessing you would get $6-700 for the fork alone. If the fork was in good shape, I might buy it off of you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mazspeed View Post
    Hey it's a great bike. I would part that bike out, you would get more money for it. I'm guessing you would get $6-700 for the fork alone. If the fork was in good shape, I might buy it off of you.
    Hadn't thought of that! If I don't hit my reserve on eBay, I'll do it. Would love to poach the cranks for my single speed. The fork is still awesome, but the axle to crown is too short for my SB-95. I'll let you know.
    Keith in Corvallis

Yeti SB-95 Race
    Yeti Big Top Race
    Niner SIR 9 SS
    Foundry Auger
    Vulture SS
    GT GTR Carbon Expert

mtbr member
    mazspeed has the price guessed just about right.

Dropshot Champ!
    I saw this on ebay before I saw it on here, and I have to ask...do you have a scale pic at 25lbs?

That just seems really low. I was thinking more like 28.

Either way, hope you're enjoying the yeti and good luck on the sale!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    A scale pic is a good idea. I weighed it in my buddy's shop when i first got it, but i don't have a scale. I'll see if i can dig one up. The maverick forks are silly light, and the masterpiece post is almost cheating. I've actually seen Mojos as light as 23 lbs before, but not with a saddle you actually want to sit on.
    Keith in Corvallis

Yeti SB-95 Race
    Yeti Big Top Race
    Niner SIR 9 SS
    Foundry Auger
    Vulture SS
    GT GTR Carbon Expert

Dropshot Champ!
    the maverick fork weighs more than my revelation 150, and we have a similar build on wheels and drivetrain.

I'm thinking closer to thirty with the dropper, but I could be wrong. I really don't mean to call you out, sorry if it seems that way! Just caught my eye in the ebay ad and I thought to myself...that doesn't sound right!

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    No worries. It had specialized captain controls on it when it went sub-25, so it's probably across that mark. But I'm POSITIVE it's still well under 27 even with the dropper. Wheels are light, fork is only 4 lbs. My Yeti SB-95 (with the full XT kit and a Kronolog) is right at 30, and the Ibis is noticeably lighter.
    Keith in Corvallis

Yeti SB-95 Race
    Yeti Big Top Race
    Niner SIR 9 SS
    Foundry Auger
    Vulture SS
    GT GTR Carbon Expert

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonSS View Post
    A scale pic is a good idea. I weighed it in my buddy's shop when i first got it, but i don't have a scale. I'll see if i can dig one up. The maverick forks are silly light, and the masterpiece post is almost cheating. I've actually seen Mojos as light as 23 lbs before, but not with a saddle you actually want to sit on.
    The Maveric fork is only 3.9 pounds. The Rev is 3.6 or so. Not that big of a difference.

Dropshot Champ!
    Yeah, I've linked a few people to the thread and all guesses range from 28-30. 30 being with pedals and dropper.

Either way, it's a great bike!

Kinda just becoming the "guess how many m&m's are in the jar" type thing. Haha, scale pic wins a beer?