mtbr member
    Jul 2005

How much is my Ibis SS worth?

I might have to sell my beloved one of a kind single speed Ibis and i'm wandering if you guys could help me figure out how much it is worth. Excellent condition limited edition single speed steel Ibis , the only one out the run with disc brake mounts , Paul disc hubs ,Mavic disc rims ,WTB UNO gear ,LP Race Face cranks ,Real chainring, Syncros Ti. seatpost , TT flite sadle , titec stem ,Easton carbon flat handlebars , Chris King headset ,2001 Rock Shox SID SL suspension fork ,XTR/XT disc brakes .titanium King water bottle cages ,Time ATAC pedals.TIA

mtbr member

I'll give you

Quote Originally Posted by Papi
    I might have to sell my beloved one of a kind single speed Ibis and i'm wandering if you guys could help me figure out how much it is worth. Excellent condition limited edition single speed steel Ibis , the only one out the run with disc brake mounts , Paul disc hubs ,Mavic disc rims ,WTB UNO gear ,LP Race Face cranks ,Real chainring, Syncros Ti. seatpost , TT flite sadle , titec stem ,Easton carbon flat handlebars , Chris King headset ,2001 Rock Shox SID SL suspension fork ,XTR/XT disc brakes .titanium King water bottle cages ,Time ATAC pedals.TIA
    $100. Sight unseen.

Obi
    mtbr member

Idea! It's worth...

A six pack of Guiness, a bag of tortilla chips, and some good cheese.

Seriously though, check out the Vintage forum Sticky's that'll give you an idea. Post some pics, and I'll pass them around the forums and shop. I know a collector who's VERY FOND of Ibis'.

Obi..

But really, if you want, just email me and we can do the exchange at Safeway or Albertson's, I just would need to go shopping first. Guiness is OK right??
    You have given out too much Positive Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Awesome!

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    What? Is it comedy night tonite?

Au'Right!
    Nov 2004
    Can we see a picture?
    Problem: "Bike has trouble going up steep hills."
    Fix: Recommend pressing harder on the pedals.

Medium?
    > How much is my Ibis SS worth?

More apart than together.

If the frame was 18.5"x23.75" and not the color of ass I'd want it and the headset.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Ibis SS worth

I sold one about a year and half ago for $1100 through the MTBR classified. Thought they would be worth more seeing how there were only 26 or so. The add ran for a while too, with many scamers offering all sorts of deals. Ibis ti is where the $$ are these days. You rarely see them for sale.

I'd love to see photo - always had a soft spot for Ibis.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambler
    Ibis ti is where the $$ are these days. You rarely see them for sale.

Sold my Ibis Ti Mojo last year on MTBR classifieds. Still miss the old girl...

-Hong

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Had Mine

Stolen a couple of years ago :-(

I was hoping Chuck was going to produce them again rather than the Carbon Stuff he's come back to the market with.... oh well c'est la vie.

Got Mojo?
    I sold one about a year and half ago for $1100 through the MTBR classified. Thought they would be worth more seeing how there were only 26 or so. The add ran for a while too, with many scamers offering all sorts of deals. Ibis ti is where the $$ are these days. You rarely see them for sale.

How many Ibis SS's are there? I thought they were a 'rare bird'

I picked up mine (frame, CK headset, and Synchros seatpost) on eBay for $550.

today...

CK/Valiant 2X wheelset
    Viscious Cycles fork
    RF Turbine LP's
    Attached Images Attached Images
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

Obi
    mtbr member

New question here. No way...

Is that Solo w/ Others old ride??

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...67#post1075367
    You have given out too much Positive Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Awesome!

mtbr member

Comedy?

Quote Originally Posted by Papi
    What? Is it comedy night tonite?
    Either you're insincere with your "beloved", or it's tradegy night tonight, guy...
    Your bike is worth what someone is willing to pay and, frankly, if you want to know what that is, put it up on eBay without a reserve.

Watch eBay for a month an you'll see a whack of Ibis bikes. Make your own judgement as to how much it's worth. How much did you pay for it? Do you think it has appreciated???

Keep it until your kid is ready for University... In 20 years it'd probably buy a nice car.

As far as the 26 thing... If memory serves they made 26 Single Malts. How many custom single speeds, or old Mojos converted to SS are lurking around is anyones' guess. Does anyone run a serial number database for Ibis?

Got Mojo?
    Quote Originally Posted by obionespeedonly

nope, I am the 'allen from austin'

aLaN from San Antonio.
    aLaN AT BikeMojo DOT com

meatier showers
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky3
    (Had mine) Stolen a couple of years ago :-(
    I've never been able to figure out why anyone would have their bike stolen. It just sounds like such a crazy thing to do.

--Sparty
    disciplesofdirt.org
    Remember who
    you wanted to be.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat
    Jaybo... quit *****ing and move to Texas

Medium?
    Ok. You can knock that shit off right now. That is nice!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Hey Gambler, is that a MOJO or an SS? I don't see a Hand Job?

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    It was (is) an Ibis SS, thus no handjob.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    How much you want for it? Interested. You know what year? Pre-scot selling the company or after? Guessing before since it's lacking the EBB, the Single Malts had an EBB.

I had a Silk TI and Luggi... wish I'd kept em.

mtbr member
    digging up an old post...........buddy wants to sell his ibis - Ti helfrich stem & bars, koski fork, handjob cable stop, great condition, baby blue, LG. fully built - any ideas on current worth? Steve.
    steve garro el jefe/el solo. coconino cycles www.coconinocycles.com www.coconinocycles.blogspot.com