mtbr member
    Jul 2011

How much is this mojo worth? I might purchase it.

Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up a new bike and I found this bike on craigslist and I want to know how much its worth and how much money I should offer. It's a 2009 ibis mojo. So were the older mojos HD or SL?

Here are the Specs:
    Medium Orange Frame
    XTR Shifters/Brakes (XTR BL-975)
    Fox Float 32 front fork
    Fox RP23 rear suspension
    XT Deraileurs/Cranks/Wheelset so the bike is super durable and has been an excellent ride.
    180 front rotor/160 rear (6 bolt xt rotors)
    WTB Saddle
    Thomason seat post
    Ergon grips
    Kenda Nevagal Tires run tubeless

The condition of the bike is 9.5/10. Seller wants $2,800... is that too much?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Yes, that is way too much. It is probably an orginal Mojo C and with that build I would think $2-2.2K max. You can get a brand new SL for $2.8K.

Ibis Mojo SL Special Blend Build Bike > Complete Bikes > All-Mountain & Trail Mountain Bikes | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

You will not notice a difference between the new SLX and the older XT/XTR from a functionality perspective.

meh
    That is neither an SL or an HD, it is the original Mojo C.
    While mine is still a great bike, I wouldn't expect to come close to that in resale...otherwise an HDR would be on order.
    Way too much.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I bought my 2010 Mojo C (original carbon model) with SRAM X9, rp23, and Rock Shox Revelation as a barely ridden demo for less. It was less than 1 year old when I picked it up. Maybe that can be a good reference point for you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    OK thanks... What are some differences between the original mojo vs the current SL or HD bikes. The seller said that the frame has not changed since the past 5 years. I want to tell the seller some points as to why his bike is worth less.

Thanks

Lightly salted
    For the same price he wants for his 4 year old bike you can get a brand new Mojo sl special blend from Jenson USA. Brand new bike with warranty!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    The difference between the original Mojo C and the SL is about .5 lb The newer frame went to carbon drop outs and carbon headset cups and titanium hardware. There may be some other small differences, but these are the easy to confirm while looking at the frame.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    The lopes link is also different. There are about 14 versions of it and the SL had a major change that fixed a lot of the issues with frame flex that people complained about. The price he's asking was enough to get a mojo special blend a couple months ago (they bumped the price a little recently). I'd get the special blend over this unless the price is more like $1500-$1800. Lets compare brakes for example. This one has XTR brakes and special blend has SLX. However, modern SLX is probably better than those xtr since it has the ice-tech and cooling fins. I think other components would be similar. Also, you can get a lifetime satisfaction guarantee from some places with the special blend.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    If it helps at all, I just bought a very very similar bike off of Craigslist (Portland) for $1500. The fork needs its seals replaced and brakes need bleeding, but everything else seems to be in good shape. The only difference from what I bought and your parts list is the easton composite bars and seat post.

I have also seen 4 similar deals for Mojo SL's going for $1850, which was the asking price from the guy I bought it from.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have the same question. I have a Large SL-R with King headset, Float fork, and Shimano BB. I cant seem to sell it. Trying to get 1800 out of it, Am I crazy? Do these things really depreciate that much?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    It's all about wheel size today. I heard you can't even get tires for those old bikes

default title
    Mar 2008
    Yep ARJMN, it's all about wheelsize.
    Try to market it better, offer shipping on full payment (look for buyers outside your area), etc.

IIRC, Mojo-C has some foam inside the curve that Ibis was able to remove with further carbon layup revisions. Part of the weight difference.
    "My opinions are often more offensive than my *******." - Twindaddy