mtbr member

How much abuse do you put your Mojo through?

The trails in the Bay Area have been a mess for months now from all the rain, so I've been doing a lot of urban riding lately--jumping down stairs, drops to flats, etc.

Just curious to see how badly others are abusing thier bikes and how its' held up.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by alexb650
    The trails in the Bay Area have been a mess for months now from all the rain, so I've been doing a lot of urban riding lately--jumping down stairs, drops to flats, etc.

Just curious to see how badly others are abusing thier bikes and how its' held up.
    Most of my bike abuse has come from continuing to ride the Bay Area trails even in the muck, requiring a good hose down after every ride. Everything's held up fine, although chainsuck sucks.

mtbr member
    I've ride in the bay also and yes the trails are shot. It wasn't the end of the world until these last few weeks. I swear I've put a years worth of abuse in just a few weeks on my poor bike. Which is why I just finished building up my new mud bogger bike. No more mud for the Ibis.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    4 foot drops on wheels with Ti spokes. Landing is always plush.

mtbr member
    lotsa 4' drops, rocks bouncing off frame, winter mud, and infrequent cleanings.... no worries so far

DWlink Fanboy
    Dec 2006
    So far, I've broken the following parts:
    Manitou MRD fork casting
    Eggbeater 4xTi pedals
    Magura Marta SL brakes (both front and rear)
    San Marco Aspide saddle
    several chains (both SRAM and Shimano)

We do alot of scraping in between rocks, etc. in New England, which is pretty easy to spot on a 5 second visual inspection of my bike. The Mojo is still going strong...

BTW - this is in just 16 months of ownership, and the Lib Tech gets ridden alot more during the winter.

Albert