Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Help with seat tube twisting

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  straw 
#1 ·
My beloved mojo classic has a problem that maybe you guys can help me with. Yesterday with the seat clamp tight my seat started to move left and right a little bit, maybe an inch each way. Got out the allen wrench and tightened the clamp more but soon realized the metal tube in the seat tube is turning. It does take a real good twist with the body or a awkward dismount to turn the seat. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Straw

#7 ·
There are several threads on this problem in the forum although my searching is coming up with none, Ibis will either fix it for you, or help you fix it with JB Weld. Just e-mail Ibis, they will help you out. I did the fix myself so as not to be without my bike for a few days, and it hasn't moved since, just be careful to not use too much JB Weld, or get it all over the place, or weld your seatpost in the frame :)

#8 ·
Thanks guys for the responses. I also searched but could not come up with anything. This classic is an 07 so I'm sure the warrenty is long up. Just thought I'd ask before I contact Ibis. At least it sounds like it can be fixed easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.