mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Help with seat tube twisting

My beloved mojo classic has a problem that maybe you guys can help me with. Yesterday with the seat clamp tight my seat started to move left and right a little bit, maybe an inch each way. Got out the allen wrench and tightened the clamp more but soon realized the metal tube in the seat tube is turning. It does take a real good twist with the body or a awkward dismount to turn the seat. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Straw
    Ease & Flow Where Ever I Go

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Sounds like the bonding glue has failed. You probably will have to remove it and use a suitable carbon fiber to metal epoxy. I'm sure if you emailed IBIS they would tell you what to use.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck_tacoma View Post
    I'm sure if you emailed IBIS they would tell you what to use.
    Rather, I'm sure if you emailed IBIS they would overnight you a new triangle.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    if its a bonding failure, you'd expect a replacement not instructions on how to fix it with glue.
    here we go again

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Good job!

My Mojo had the same issue couple years ago. Found a fix somewhere on this forum. It's easy. You just need some sandpaper and epoxy glue. Quite pleased it was such an easy fix.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I would expect a replacement if it was under warranty. I'm assuming it's not, considering it's a Classic.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    There are several threads on this problem in the forum although my searching is coming up with none, Ibis will either fix it for you, or help you fix it with JB Weld. Just e-mail Ibis, they will help you out. I did the fix myself so as not to be without my bike for a few days, and it hasn't moved since, just be careful to not use too much JB Weld, or get it all over the place, or weld your seatpost in the frame :-)

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Thanks guys for the responses. I also searched but could not come up with anything. This classic is an 07 so I'm sure the warrenty is long up. Just thought I'd ask before I contact Ibis. At least it sounds like it can be fixed easily.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    google FTW

Mojo Seat Tube Insert Problem

post 42 from Hans.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Thanks Coloradoxj13
    Now it's off to get me some JB weld. This forum is so awesome!!