boba
    Dec 2007

help posting photos on forum

Could someone advise me (my wife actually) on how to post a bunch of Ibis photos/West Coast trail shots on the forum...(I think they are on photosmart) or, if you give us your email address, we we can email the twenty or so pics to you and you could post them for us? thanks, bob austin, vancouver island.

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bobAustin
    Could someone advise me (my wife actually) on how to post a bunch of Ibis photos/West Coast trail shots on the forum...(I think they are on photosmart) or, if you give us your email address, we we can email the twenty or so pics to you and you could post them for us? thanks, bob austin, vancouver island.
    The easiest way is to post them as an attachment (the little paper clip icon when posting in advanced mode). It will require the pictures to be in certain formats and to be less than a certain size.

www.derbyrims.com
    I've always used the Quote (to reply to a post in view) or Go Advanced mode and uploaded pictures saved as .JPEG or .JPG from my local computer.

I have to reduce the pixel size from what my camera saves on my computer by using Microsoft Paint and the Stretch/Skew option with 50% height and width reduction and Save-As to a different file name.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    If you would like to do it more easily, programs such as Picasa (free Google photo management program) can do this kind of thing extremely easily.

Cheers
    Jever

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jever98
    If you would like to do it more easily, programs such as Picasa (free Google photo management program) can do this kind of thing extremely easily.

Cheers
    Jever
    Picasa is my tool of choice here as well as it also has pretty decent photo-chopping abilities.

holding back the darkness
    Or upload them to a photo hosting site like picasa or flickr.com and then right click (or for those more enlightened, command-click) and Save Link As and paste it into the little box that appears after clicking the little landscape icon above the text box.
    **** censorship