Junior flyer
    Jun 2010

Help! My Tranny squeaks.

Actually, it's more of a creak...

I got it used last month. I'm running it as a SS, and it's been awesome, but I can't get rid of the noise.

I carbon-lubed the slot machine bolt, torqued it to the proper pounds, and have been working on keeping in clean (has anyone used a boot for it?), but the main problem seems to be the upper pivot bolt. I can't find any info on the pounds of torque it needs, although tighter seems better.

Thanks!
    Last edited by dirtvert; 04-17-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Have you tried Carbon Fiber Grease? It has little plastic bits mixed with the grease that grip the parts so you don't need to tighten them as much.

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    ^^ Thanks. I used Tacx. It's made for carbon.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Did it help? Or, have you always been using it?

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    ^^ It's what I've used since I got the bike 3 weeks ago. But it seems impossible in Socal to keep the dust/sand/dirt out of the slot machine. It's quiet after I clean it, but it starts creaking halfway through my next ride... I think I probably just need to DIY a sleeve to go around it.
    Why?