Hey all, just ordered a Tranny frame from Cambria (supposedly the last green medium in the Ibis factory). Iím trying to clear out my stable of bikes (Iíve a bit of an addiction). And Iíd like to just have one bike that does it all well enough. Iím a mom of two who puts in 20 miles every other day here in Minnesota (down to 40 degrees). That means 8-10 months out of the year I'm out on our many paved paths and the the MTB trails that intersect--not to mention every spring break we head down to Florida and I ride down there.

So I need your thoughts on the build kit. Iíve no idea if I can wrench the drivetrain and brakes myself but I do have an early 00ís Giant NRS Air with XTR and Iím wondering how much I can repurpose.

Can I (should I) run spacers on the rear Crossmax Wheel? Are Tubeless from that era still relevant?

Can the cranks be separated from the gears or should I just buy a new chainring/crank combo?

Do I really need a 4Ē inch travel fork? I keep mostly to the intermediate sections and Iím wondering if a rigid Carbon fork would serve me fine. Donít know a lot about the manufacturers though. Niners look great but too tall for a 26er?

Iím not a complete weight weenie and price matters somewhat but bottom line: Iíd like a light-ish, comfy singlespeed that I can rock the singletrack with or bop through town on at a decent clip.

Also, the best lock for a bright green steed that screams ďsteal me!Ē

Thanks for listening!Attachment 825927

Also posted in the SS forum...