mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Headset Intallation - Any experiences?

Hello - I'm finally getting some parts for my mojo frame and will be building it up for the spring season...I want to build this puppy up myself in order to learn and to get closer to my new friend. I wanted to know if anyone on this forum have installed a Cane Creek 110 IS headset? Do I need any special tools? Or is it just best to have my LBS take care of it? Thanks for any input.

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    The mojo already has the cups integrated in the frame so all you do is drop the headset in. Pressing the crown race onto the fork is pretty easily accomplised w/o real "shop" tools. just buy a PVC pipe long enough and just wide enough to put over the steerer tube and tap the crown race down onto the fork with a mallet.

I don't have the 110 but that doesn't matter...installing an IS headset takes away the need to press in the bearing cups so no tools are required, except for the allen key to screw down the top cap.

holding back the darkness
    you just drop the bearings in. that's it. headset installed.
    **** censorship

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    much thanks guys

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Got a newbie question, but this looks like the right thread for it.

I've got a standard Chris King headset on my current bike. Can I use it on a Mojo?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnmasher
    Got a newbie question, but this looks like the right thread for it.

I've got a standard Chris King headset on my current bike. Can I use it on a Mojo?
    No. The Mojo uses a different kind of headset.

CK is an unbeliever when it comes to the kind of headsets that the Mojo uses. There is a whole web page on the CK web site devoted to telling you about the evils of IS headsets.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    CK has released their own standard the Perdido.
    http://www.chrisking.com/pdfs/Int%20...0Explained.pdf
    Anyone had a problem with alignment or wearing on the integrated headtube yet on the moj ?

Grams Light Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by ghawk
    CK has released their own standard the Perdido.
    http://www.chrisking.com/pdfs/Int%20...0Explained.pdf
    Anyone had a problem with alignment or wearing on the integrated headtube yet on the moj ?
    Been almost 2 years with the Solo IS and no issues. Actually out of all the headsets I have ever owned in 2+ decades of riding a old Chris King was the only one that has ever given me issues. That only refers to the headset I had at the time and I am sure that they have a fine product now.

Slovakia (Europe)

Spare Cane Creek Solos IS in red color

I have spare Cane Creek Solos IS headset in red color (short + tall cover, interlock spacers), brand new and unused. It's virtually impossible to buy this one in Europe, I've got one extra by mistake from the US. If any European Mojo-waiter is interested, please contact me by PM.