mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Head tube and Stack height of Mojo & SL ?

The specs show a head tube length of 115mm for the Mojo and SL.

I am moving from a bike with a 117.5mm head tube, so not much difference there.
    However I have been using a Chris King headset, which increases the total height to 140mm.

My question is:
    which headsets are you guys using, and what is the total height please?

I am hoping for a shorter total height, but some real numbers would be great!

Thanks

Rob

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Ibis Mojo is designed for integrated system (IS) headsets. If you use the Cane Creek IS-2 headset the additional height will be 15.9 mm (tall version) or 8.7 mm (short version) http://www.canecreek.com/is-2-is-2i-headsets.html

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

don't forget

Your question makes me wonder if you are using the same fork as well? That would change things too.
    H

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Yep, the same fork, one of the last 120mm air Pace forks, before they became DT Swiss 509mm axle to crown, and very light.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

how do you like that fork?

Hi Robbieracer, I want to ask you how you like the 120mm length on that fork? Do you ever it's too short in travel, or have the bike feel "imbalanced" (120mm front/140mm rear).
    Thanks, RT

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    The fork is 509mm long, so about the same as the Fox fork I had been using. Give or take 4mm.
    As far as the shorter travel goes, well I set the sag according to my weight, so the actual spring rate is very similar too.

This means the bike's actual geometry and balance is very similar to before.
    The only remaining point is the shorter travel, but as I very rarely bottom out either end, it is not an issue.

The Pace fork is way lighter, and seems stiffer than the Fox equivalent..