Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006

HDR options 140mm

I really want the new HDR frame.
    I want to order a size large, but would like to know if I can get the 7.875"x2.25" rear shock ? I assume this will give me about 140mm in the rear. I am Looking to put the new 35mm stanchion Pike fork on it in 150mm travel.
    This bike would basically be the bike I have right now, but updated to front and rear 650b wheels opposed to my front only 650b.
    My current bike is a Mojo (2008) with 650b front wheel, Float 150mm fork and stock 140mm rear shock running 26" wheel rear.
    I am long over due for a new bike.
    How can I order this bike ?
    Do I just have to get the rear shock on my own and put it in or ?
    This seems reasonable, I would love to see Ibis list this option and discuss it a bit more.
    Thank you.. I am ready to go.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

HDR options 140mm

Sounds familiar! Seriously, call the bike company (bikeco.com). Ordered my HDR from them and have been talking quite a lot since about suspension and other build options. I'm also going with the new Pike 150. I plan on running a 7.875x2.25 shock as well. They will ensure that there aren't any clearance issues and get the bike dialed.

They are one of the main Ibis distributors and know their stuff. Lots of real world race experience (their main man is Lopes' mechanic) but more importantly they seem to be more concerned with matching components to fit you rather than just pushing what we all think is the new hotness (sometimes one-in-the-same, lots of new hotness to choose from). Also, they have custom tuned so many forks and shocks for people, especially for mojos, and for a damn good price. With most other shops or online dealers, you would have to order the frame with a stock shock as well as the desired replacement, then try and make some money back.

Have fun!

mtbr member
    Edit: Never mind
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Thanks for the info. I will call them and see what I can get going. !

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Any idea if a 2.35 Hans Dampf will clear with the 7.875x2.25 shock?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

HDR options 140mm

@ mattoid - the 2.25" stroke would require some amount of shimming for such a big tire. I will be using 2.25 or 2.36 HD in the rear with

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

HDR options 140mm

Oops...

...with that size shock. Not sure how much it will need but I'm just about to give the shop a call. If they haven't already tested that combo, then they will be as soon as my frame arrives : )

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Keep us posted what you find out. You might be the first one ordering this bike.
    I will probably run 2.25" in the rear, so it might be ok.
    Not sure if frame size makes a diff, but I will be ordering a Large HDR frame.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    What is your goal in running the shimmed 2.25" shock if it won't achieve more travel than the stock 2.00"? The added flexibility of using the unshimmed shock with a 26" wheel or smaller 650b tire, or is it being able to add shims to squeeze every last mm of travel allowed by your tire/rim combo?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

HDR options 140mm

Yeah thats the funny part lol. I really just intended to run it as designed at 140 front, 130 rear. I don't necessarily want the extra travel for most of my riding.

However, most of the components that I am considering dictate otherwise.

Shocks - Vector air and custom Roco tst r come in as a tie for me and both are 2.25" stroke.

Forks - Really wanted to buy an X-Fusion sweep but it won't meet my deadline (big trip/race in Moab in September). Yes I have considered Fox but the short answer is no. Really digging the new Pike just wish there was internal travel adjust. I could go with the DP air version and crank it down to 140. But once again, I think availability is not there yet (and it looks like it will only be available in white?!).

So that's kind of where I'm at. Any other options/thoughts?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Agreed, I'd partly hate to buy a CCDBa in 7.875x2.00, it just seems like such a hard size to use down the road or resell.

I wonder where the geometry of a non-650b HDR with a shimmed shock to ~140mm using a 1 degree angleset would end up with 650b wheels?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Looks like BikeCo is doing what we want

The Bike Company - Powered by ironfly internet

The HDR is shaping up to be a very versatile frame !

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

HDR options 140mm

Aww yeah, those are the specs I have been discussing with them. It's getting closer!

Glad to see that they are clearly listing the different options so that people (like me) aren't losing so much sleep wondering what could be. I'm opting for the short(ish) travel 27.5 option, 147mm rear 150mm front. Should be plenty of bike for me!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I am ordering mine on Monday and it will be the same, 147mm rear and 150mm front, Latge Blue !!
    Should be a sweet build.
    Now have to sell my old Mojo after 6.5 yrs for a little extra cash.....
    I can't wait !

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by conekilr View Post
    Aww yeah, those are the specs I have been discussing with them. It's getting closer!

Glad to see that they are clearly listing the different options so that people (like me) aren't losing so much sleep wondering what could be. I'm opting for the short(ish) travel 27.5 option, 147mm rear 150mm front. Should be plenty of bike for me!

Are you going with the Pike or the custom tuned Fox fork and what was the the word from Bikeco on running the Hans Dampf with the rear travel @147 ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Not sure yet on fork and shock/tire options as we are going to discuss details Monday.
    I will post back what I find out. I am only really looking to run a 2.25" tire in the rear and my goal is 140mm or more travel back there.. I can live with a little less than 147mm if need be.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by conekilr View Post

I'm seriously considering this build as well. Any idea what the difference is between the long shock 147mm and the short shock 147mm?

Also do you know what the HA turns out to be with a 150mm Pike? Trying to decide between the 150mm and 160mm Pike.

mtbr member
    Get the Pike and don't look back. There is a great writeup on Bike Rumor right now and I had the exact same impression after riding it for a few days.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Ok, I finally pulled the trigger and got my HDR 650b on order. Went with BikeCo 147mm option and decided to stay with the Fox front fork (150mm) as with the BikeCo ProTune, it is a completely different fork.
    Once I get the bike, I promise to to an extensive review !

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dcpowpow View Post
    Ok, I finally pulled the trigger and got my HDR 650b on order. Went with BikeCo 147mm option and decided to stay with the Fox front fork (150mm) as with the BikeCo ProTune, it is a completely different fork.
    Once I get the bike, I promise to to an extensive review !
    What did they say as far as a date u can expect the HDR by?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pdqmach26 View Post
    What did they say as far as a date u can expect the HDR by?
    +1, i think i ordered mine around the same time. did they give you an ETA?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    +1, i think i ordered mine around the same time. did they give you an ETA?
    I ordered mine on 7/11, I was told first week of August.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I was told mid August.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kibosh View Post
    I ordered mine on 7/11, I was told first week of August.
    ok, i ordered mine on the 12th so hopefully i get mine beginning of august too. what size did you get?

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    ok, i ordered mine on the 12th so hopefully i get mine beginning of august too. what size did you get?
    Large reverse vit P.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast