mtbr member

HDR with CCDB CS option?

Waiting for HDR with the new CS option to place my order do you guys think it's worth it over the stock fox?

When can I expect this option to become available?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    What type of riding do you intend on doing? What fork? What rear travel? That will help with an answer.

Personally I would go with a FOX Float-X because I do a lot of XC with my HD.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    If you like to jump and ride DH courses/park then the CCDB air is definitely worth it. I could never get the rp23 to stop me from being bucked when landing a large jump to flat. It is also a much better shock in rock gardens and other rough situations.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    The HDR is received last week came with the new CS switch.

Eric

mtbr member
    DBAir all the way as you can make the shock feel anyway you like versus stuck with how the Fox performs.

MTBR Contributing Editor
    Another thumbs up for the DBair CS.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    It is in stock here at Ibis.
    Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.

Off the back...
    I really don't think the CS is needed with a Mojo on the CCDBA. It takes a lot of effort to get the thing to bob...

MTBR Contributing Editor
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkrobe View Post
    I really don't think the CS is needed with a Mojo on the CCDBA. It takes a lot of effort to get the thing to bob...
    I beg to differ. I have extensively ridden the DBair and DBair CS on the Mojo HD and HDR, and the CS is an amazing and useful feature, and I would never ride without one again, unless I only planned on doing mostly downhill stuff. I'd be the first to admit that the CS tune for the Mojo is the mildest of their five tunes, and the CS is more prominent on a Knolly Chilcotin, for example. The Ibis DW-link design has the least amount of bob of other like brands on the market, but it's still there, and running a plush and squishy DBair with lots of sag makes it more noticeable. When the CS is engaged, it dissipates subtle wallowing and energy inefficiency issues during climbing, giving better traction, control and efficiency. The CS is not a pedal assist since it uses a combined low-speed compression and rebound circuit. The seated efficiency due to the CS rebound reaction is greatly appreciated in rough undulating terrain when climbing or just spinning along, since you could stay seated and fully weight the saddle and not be bumped out of position.

The CS took an excellent highly tunable All Mountain rear shock, and notched it up one gear in perfection, regardless of the bike it's being used on.

mtbr member
    Hi Brian,out of curiosity what is your current DBair CS set up on the HD/R ?