Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

HDR with CCDB CS option?

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  odin 
#1 ·
Waiting for HDR with the new CS option to place my order do you guys think it's worth it over the stock fox?

When can I expect this option to become available?

#9 ·
I beg to differ. I have extensively ridden the DBair and DBair CS on the Mojo HD and HDR, and the CS is an amazing and useful feature, and I would never ride without one again, unless I only planned on doing mostly downhill stuff. I'd be the first to admit that the CS tune for the Mojo is the mildest of their five tunes, and the CS is more prominent on a Knolly Chilcotin, for example. The Ibis DW-link design has the least amount of bob of other like brands on the market, but it's still there, and running a plush and squishy DBair with lots of sag makes it more noticeable. When the CS is engaged, it dissipates subtle wallowing and energy inefficiency issues during climbing, giving better traction, control and efficiency. The CS is not a pedal assist since it uses a combined low-speed compression and rebound circuit. The seated efficiency due to the CS rebound reaction is greatly appreciated in rough undulating terrain when climbing or just spinning along, since you could stay seated and fully weight the saddle and not be bumped out of position.

The CS took an excellent highly tunable All Mountain rear shock, and notched it up one gear in perfection, regardless of the bike it's being used on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.