mtbr member
    Jul 2006

HDR Bike Magazine Review Story and Ride Report

Link to full story with lots of info: Ibis Launches New Mojo HDR

Some quotes and photos, Photo credits -Anthony Smith/Bikemag.com:
    HDR Bike Magazine Review    Story and Ride Report-lopes-ibis-650b-7525.jpg
    RIDING THE MOJO HDR
    I got my hands on an HDR frame a ways back and built it up with Shimano XT, Sun Ringle Charger Pro 650b wheels and a KindShock LEV dropper post. Total weight with this very real-world build kit: 28.8 pounds. Impressive.
    More impressive, however, was the ride, which is dialed. The Mojo HD was one of my favorite bikes from our Bible of Bike Tests sessions in Fruita this past October–I was impressed with its very balanced feel. It’s one of those bikes that climbs as well as many shorter-travel trail bikes, yet slays it on the descents. The fact that you can run a big fork up front or go the other direction and dial the travel down in the rear (by swapping out the Limbo Chips and rear shock) made the Mojo HD a very versatile beast.
    You get all that and more with this updated version, the HDR. In 650b mode, you’re running 130-millimeters in the back, though I never missed the inch of squish–even when ploughing through root and rock sections. One reason for that could be the improved roll over of the slightly larger wheels. Another, more plausible explanation is that, after several years of playing with Dave Weagle’s DW-Link, Ibis knows how to wring a hell of a lot of performance out of their suspension no matter how long or short that travel is.

HDR Bike Magazine Review    Story and Ride Report-lopes-ibis-650b-7527.jpg
    The Mojo HDR has to be reckoned–along with the Yeti SB66c and the Specialized Enduro–as one of the best, all-mountain bikes on the market at the moment. Admittedly, that’s a niche that’s constantly evolving and improving, but the HDR has the goods to stay in the elite for some time.
    HDR Bike Magazine Review    Story and Ride Report-lopes-ibis-650b-7493.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HDR Bike Magazine Review    Story and Ride Report-side.jpg  

Hans
    Ibis Cycles, Inc.