mtbr member

HD140 + Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti?

Hi all,

Is anyone here running a 2012 model Marz 44 RC3 Ti on their HD140?

I currently have a HD140 with a 2011 Fox Float 32 150 FIT RLC fork but am thinking about changing to a 2012 Marz 44 RC3 Ti after reading several glowing reviews about it.

Just wonder if anyone here has owned both of these forks and could possibly give me any pro's/cons of switching from the Fox to the Marz? What would be the biggest change in the ride feeling? I have never owned a coil fork so am unsure of what to expect from it.

I am mostly a trail rider and ride a variety of surfaces from open fast flowing trails on hard packed stuff to tight technical stuff on loose gravel and I generally keep my wheels on the ground so big hitting ability isn't a need in a fork for me, its more about maximum traction and soaking up the rough stuff .

Any advice would be much appreciated!.

thanks,
    Josh

mtbr member
    I was thinking the same thing, but not sure I trust Marz just yet after having some bad years recently.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I've read nothing but glowing reviews of the 44 RC3 Ti the last few years. Other models seem a bit hit or miss, but absolutely stellar reviews for the RC3 models.

aka...appBLING72
    I am currently running mine in 140 mode with the 2012 44 RC3 Ti. Marzocchi is back and better than ever. I use to run Zokes on all my bikes until they started slipping. But the new RC3 Ti series is everything people say it is. It's about 4.3lbs super smooth, great mid stroke support and still super supple on the chatter. The LSC & HSC only seem to have noticeable effect starting at about 7-8 clicks out from full closed to full closed. I'm 185 riding weight and still deciding on whether I even want or need any of the air assist. It is measured by the pumps not pressure. The fork is very sensitive. I have been running it with about 5-6 pumps of air. It sacrifices a little beginning stroke plushness but gives a little firmer feel for trail. Even with no air it still pedals well with only slight forward motion lost.

It will be a big improvement in performance over our current fork.
    Last edited by aappling72; 07-06-2012 at 04:05 AM.

mtbr member
    If they make a 34 version of it for 13, I might buy it. I hear nothing but great things about the fork. I have never ridden it, but everyone raves about it. I am not impressed with the CTD fox.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    what aapling said. I haven't bought a Marzocchi since late 05/early 06.
    I have a 2011 55RC3 Ti and it is superb. The guy who sold it to me went to Fox to get Talas and regrets it every time he feels his old forks. Add to that an insane no service warranty and there is a whole load to like. X Fusion coming on strong too but possibly too soon to really know about longevity and reliability. For now, my Mojo feel the best it ever has with the big M up front

mtbr member
    Thanks heaps for the info and opinions guys much appreciated!.

One last ride in Rotorua NZ tomorrow then the Fox is going to be advertised for sale and will go for the Marz 44

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hey I'm in NZ too mate. Christchurch. Will be up in Rotovegas in November for a ride. My HD frame came from Bike Culture

mtbr member
    Sweet man, I'm in Auckland and got mine from Planet Cycles. Should catch up for a ride in November when you head up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Actually coming up for 3 weeks in Sept thinking about driving up and bringing the bike.

mtbr member
    Yeah man do it, bring the bike up. Will be able to go for a spin around Roto and maybe some Auckland trails if you keen. Conditions at Roto today were awesome!. The have done a bit of work on the jumps track and a couple of the lower trails,

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

mtbr member
    Yep seen those ones. After the 2012s with white legs and tapered steerer tube.