Thread: Hd shock what?!

Singletrack Addict!!!

Hd shock what?!

My RP23 in 140 mode died..

So Push it?
    Repair it? cheapest, but not as fun..
    Get a new stock Monarch RT3? on Par with RP23 Push in price...

I have a Monarch in 160 mode, and really liked it.. Up front there's a Revelation WC 150mm

So.. what say you, please help my HD..
    The world needs a huge socio-economic change...be it. We all need to ride more....

Mtb Guide
    How has it died

Not totally happy with mine at the mo either, It has a knock while slowly cycling through its travel, but feels fine on the downs, though it does suffer mid-stoke support, I might add some spacers, but have been reading some of the BOS threads re the viper and Deville, for 140 mode.
    For 160 mode I really want t try XFusion once the 13 stuff is available.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If money is no object, then get a new shock.

Otherwise send it to Push and have them custom tune it.

I got my Monarch Plus RC3 for my HD from Push and it's awesome!

I also sent my RP23 from my Moto-lite into Push and they transformed it, which then "forced" me to spend more money on my Moto-lite to upgrade other components b/c the bike came alive with the Push tune.
    Last edited by enduro; 03-06-2013 at 02:58 PM. Reason: typo
    - 2011 Mojo HD
    - 2006 Enduro Pro (Some a$$hat stole it!!!)
    - 2004 Demo 9 DH
    - 2007 Titus Motolite

Singletrack Addict!!!
    Shock started to leak by the propedal lever, completely drained. Common problem with some RP23's.

Now questions is, is a Pushed RP23 way better than a stock Monarch? Anyone selling tuned Monarch's?
    The world needs a huge socio-economic change...be it. We all need to ride more....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Relayden View Post
    is a Pushed RP23 way better than a stock Monarch?
    I've never ridden a stock monarch so I can't answer that question.

However, I have ridden a couple of stock RP23s and then the RP23 that I got Push'd. It was night and day. Darren and the crew at Push know what they're doing and if you talk to them on the phone and explain to them your riding style, weight, bike setup and what you're looking for (i.e. small bump sensitivity, big hit capabilities etc), then they'll help get your shock setup they way it needs to be.

Good luck.
    - 2011 Mojo HD
    - 2006 Enduro Pro (Some a$$hat stole it!!!)
    - 2004 Demo 9 DH
    - 2007 Titus Motolite

Too Much Fun
    Quote Originally Posted by enduro View Post
    Darren and the crew at Push know what they're doing
    That. They've done two RP23's for me now (HD & SL) and it's transformative. That's what I'd do.
    - -benja- -

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    My RP23 in 140 mode died..

So Push it?
    Repair it? cheapest, but not as fun..
    Get a new stock Monarch RT3? on Par with RP23 Push in price...

I have a Monarch in 160 mode, and really liked it.. Up front there's a Revelation WC 150mm

So.. what say you, please help my HD..
    I have a 140 CTD with less than 200 miles on it I can sell you for a good price =)

mtbr member
    I would say Monarch RC3 or Vengance air. With the Vengance you can order it with both a DW-Link tune and the Lopes tune directly from XFusion.

Mtb Guide
    Hey SP, whats the difference between dw tune and Lopes tune sounds interesting!

mtbr member
    Shock started to leak by the propedal lever, completely drained. Common problem with some RP23's.

Now questions is, is a Pushed RP23 way better than a stock Monarch? Anyone selling tuned Monarch's?
    I just bought one today from Suspension Experts.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick005 View Post
    Hey SP, whats the difference between dw tune and Lopes tune sounds interesting!
    Not sure about the details, but you can stack them i.e. order it with both tunes. My buddy just picked one up for his HD so we will swap my Pushed Monarch RC3 for his and get back with some feedback. I know that the Vengance pushes a LOT of oil compared to other shocks which should improve feel and tuning.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I have the Marzocchi Roco TST air. It was custom tuned for me by Bikeco in California and shipped to me in NZ. They do Lopes bikes and I was looking at all the top air contenders. The big M was their unanimous choice for me. Wasn't expecting to have a Marzocchi shock, figured they'd sell me X Fusion or w.h.y
    Happy with the shock, plush tuneable, descent dampening. The TST lever is cool. Wide open to lock across 5 steps - way better than the Pro Pedal.
    You should check em' out.

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by nzl62 View Post
    I have the Marzocchi Roco TST air. It was custom tuned for me by Bikeco in California and shipped to me in NZ. They do Lopes bikes and I was looking at all the top air contenders. The big M was their unanimous choice for me. Wasn't expecting to have a Marzocchi shock, figured they'd sell me X Fusion or w.h.y
    Happy with the shock, plush tuneable, descent dampening. The TST lever is cool. Wide open to lock across 5 steps - way better than the Pro Pedal.
    You should check em' out.
    Nice it makes sense too, I wonder if WideOpen are able to do that?
    Hows your BOS Deville going? did you consider a Vipr?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Maybe wide open can do the same thing. But the guys at Bike Co did a nice job, good price and they have years of time tuning Marzocchi. I did consider a Bos but outside of Europe they are a pain in the arse to deal with. Awesome units, but crap CS ouside of key territories. Shame.
    I thought I would end up with a CCDBA or XFusion air. The best shock I have had on the Mojo HD is a Vivid Coil. The hi low rebound circuits suit my lack of talent pretty well. But they are heavy. Overall with a coil fork I wanted something lighter and just as plush and controlled if poss. Roco TST eats the Rp23

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Re: Roco TST

I dont yet have a mojo but i had a Roco Air TST R on my marin attack trail and prior to that a craftworks FRM125.
    Both where 4 bar suspension and for me the roco was the go.
    It was given to be by some who didn't want it. He was on his second shock since and always had to have the latest bits and pieces.

I couldn't fault the roco's performance on either bike andif i had to choose something other than a CCDB Air i would go for the roco tst.

All that being said, i had nothing to directly compare it to ather than the monarch 3.3 and the manitou 3 way swinger.