Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    40

    HD rider weight limit

    Is there a rider weight limit for the Mojo HD? I weigh 212lbs fully geared and ride more AM/lite DH. Old BMX'er at heart, so I still seek out every jump and berm on the trail. Will the HD hold up?
    Thanks much...
    KV

  2. #2
    meh
    Reputation: clewttu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,076
    you are def below whatever it is, that isnt that heavy

  3. #3
    aka dan51
    Reputation: d-bug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,699
    At 212 the bike will laugh and say "that all you got?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,981
    If you said 312 you might start to be concerned. At 212 bash that sh!t!

  5. #5
    Mtb Guide
    Reputation: Maverick005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    If you said 312 you might start to be concerned. At 212 bash that sh!t!
    Haha yeah even then I reckon the frame would be good, maybe seat-post tube might be in danger if not enough insertion but Id still back the rest of it.

    Had a DH dude rock up today on the shuttles, commenting on my first gen Enves actually second gen but 2 and a bit seasons, anyways he was like hows the frame and wheels holding up, many casing I was like yeah jump the crap out of them and the frame, still like new, so HD is abuse ready, course Lopesy proved this many a time and I cant ride like him, so no fear the HD is here, HD loves abuse and loves to jump!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    40
    Thanks all for the info...My quest for a new ride begins!!

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    123
    Kiwivelo55, are you a..... Kiwi?

    So am I. I'm an ex (as in eighties era) BMX'er, and now happily ride an Ibis (Ripley).

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by mcam View Post
    Kiwivelo55, are you a..... Kiwi?

    So am I. I'm an ex (as in eighties era) BMX'er, and now happily ride an Ibis (Ripley).
    Kia Ora!!!

    Yup, Kiwi born and US raised

    Living in San Diego for the past 20 years and visit family back in Auckland/Queenstown once a year.

    Cheers,

    KV

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwivelo55 View Post
    Kia Ora!!!

    Yup, Kiwi born and US raised

    Living in San Diego for the past 20 years and visit family back in Auckland/Queenstown once a year.

    Cheers,

    KV
    Kia Ora

    New Zealand born and New Zealand raised Christchurch specifically. I raced BMX from 81 to 85, and reached NZ5 in Pro Cruiser. Rode a 92 Merlin hardtail for a few years before getting a bit lazy. Back into riding and trying to get fit again. I ended up with some vintage BMX race bikes, but sold them off apart from the GT, JMC and Kuwahara.

    I was in Orange County (specifically Irvine) twice in the last twelve months for work. I could happily live there. What a great place! Friendly people and great weather.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Salespunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwivelo55 View Post
    Kia Ora!!!

    Yup, Kiwi born and US raised

    Living in San Diego for the past 20 years and visit family back in Auckland/Queenstown once a year.

    Cheers,

    KV
    Where are you in SD?

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by mcam View Post
    Kia Ora

    New Zealand born and New Zealand raised Christchurch specifically. I raced BMX from 81 to 85, and reached NZ5 in Pro Cruiser. Rode a 92 Merlin hardtail for a few years before getting a bit lazy. Back into riding and trying to get fit again. I ended up with some vintage BMX race bikes, but sold them off apart from the GT, JMC and Kuwahara.

    I was in Orange County (specifically Irvine) twice in the last twelve months for work. I could happily live there. What a great place! Friendly people and great weather.
    Raced the US National circuit in the early 90's and ended up NAG1 for 24" in 93'. Raced a few years in Vet Pro early 200 and then switched over to track cycling for about 4 years. Found my way back to the dirt and haven't looked back since...Still hit the BMX track on the HT/DJ bike and keep the skills honed with a bit of pump-track riding from time to time...

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    Where are you in SD?
    La Mesa..

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwivelo55 View Post
    Raced the US National circuit in the early 90's and ended up NAG1 for 24" in 93'. Raced a few years in Vet Pro early 200 and then switched over to track cycling for about 4 years. Found my way back to the dirt and haven't looked back since...Still hit the BMX track on the HT/DJ bike and keep the skills honed with a bit of pump-track riding from time to time...
    Yep, we always come back to the dirt... I bought a road bike two years ago. I still ride it, but much prefer the Ripley on the dirt

Similar Threads

  1. RDO weight limit?
    By Mxrider458 in forum Niner Bikes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-15-2012, 02:38 PM
  2. Weight Limit??
    By TragikMagik in forum Giant
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 06:40 PM
  3. Treks weight limit
    By donalson in forum Clydesdales/Tall Riders
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 11:15 PM
  4. One 9 - suggested rider weight limit
    By inmysights in forum Niner Bikes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-24-2011, 11:50 AM
  5. Rider weight limit for carbon rail saddle?
    By madsedan in forum Specialized
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 11:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •