Lightly salted

HD rear shock hardware /reducer removal?

I have an HD frame and want to service the shock. I tried pressing out the rear shock reducer/mounting hardware with a du bushing tool I have. I stuck it in the vice and the thing wont budge at all. Wondering if there is a trick to it, or maybe it's just siezed up?
    Last edited by fuenstock; 05-09-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: spelled wrong

aka dan51
    Removing the pin that goes through the DU bushing can be difficult if the DU bushing isn't very worn.
    The hardware is also 3 pieces. The main pin and then 2 spacers. Pull the spacers off before trying to remove the pin in the vice.
    I've used a vice combined with the appropriate sized sockets and piece of PVC pipe to get it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

Dropshot Champ!
    bigger hammer.

its a major pita

Lightly salted
    Ok, so it sounds like it's just a tight fit. I have the right tools to remove. I was just scared of crushing the shock eyelet with the amount of pressure I put on it with the vice and it not moving. I thought I better double check before I try again. It's a new frame so it's probably even harder to remove than a used frame. Need to remove and service the shock since it has a slow air leak(rp23) Im not going to bother with a warranty repair since I already had a seal kit and it's an easy fix. I should be out on my first ride this weekend,