HD frame flex?

Printable View

• 01-13-2013
    mazspeed
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ethan F View Post
    Unfortunately they are different thread pitches! The bike is very stiff, but if that Maxle is not tight, at least as tight as it is meant to be, you can generate wheel flex...like the frame feels like its not doing what it is supposed to be doing! The Syntace (SC, Spec...) system is much better!

Different subject, welcome to the Ibis forums. I have a client that I worked for that worked with you at Maverick. I am thinking of picking up a M8 for kicks. Glad to see someone with a ton of bike knowledge on this forum. :thumbsup:
  • 01-13-2013
    Ethan F
    Let me know if I can be of help! I do have some frames available!
    mavericksuspension@gmail.com
    Riding the Ibis for the last year as well as a SC TBLTc, it shows me that the Maverick ride still has tremendous viability in the bike world!
  • 01-13-2013
    Maverick005
    Cheers Ethan thats good to know sort of scuttled that plan oh well, my maxle is tight I checked the drive side just because Im anal on bike setup, unlike the original poster Ive not suffered any flex issues, but always good to keep an eye on these things, good oil.

Happy trails:thumbsup:
  • 01-13-2013
    Ethan F
    Loose Enve wheels at the axle seem to be noticeable when the axle is not as tight as it should be!
    I had thoughts of turning my own DT/Syntace axle and eliminate the Maxle. The Maxle does not provide any real stiffness benefit when snugged up, since it tightens only on one side (non drive) when the lever is engaged. The DT system is so much easier to use and gets correct tightness with ease.
  • 01-14-2013
    voob
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mazspeed View Post
    Different subject, welcome to the Ibis forums. I have a client that I worked for that worked with you at Maverick. I am thinking of picking up a M8 for kicks. Glad to see someone with a ton of bike knowledge on this forum. :thumbsup:

Get an ML8 if you can. You will be surprised about its ability. I have a mojo sl a maverick durance and an ML8. The ML8 (with properly tuned shock and duc 32) is my favorite bike.(It is not a DH bike, it is a great trail bike).
    Have Ethan rework the shocks and fork. Or get a new one from him.

I still like the Mojo a lot. It is a great bike. I like having more the one bike to choose from. I just seem to ride the ML8 more since I got the rear shock dialled to my ride preference.. Climbing ability is slightly better then the SL so I would think that it is equal if not better then the HD.
    Ethan what do you think?