Moderator Moderator

Have you guys been checking out Ibis Cycles..

new website? http://ibisbicycles.com/

I'm sure most know Ibis is coming back by now. I've been visiting every few weeks for a while and must say the website is pretty cool.

How many think they will come out with a 29"er at Interbike?
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

The Duuude, man...
    Quote Originally Posted by 2melow
    new website? http://ibisbicycles.com/

I'm sure most know Ibis is coming back by now. I've been visiting every few weeks for a while and must say the website is pretty cool.

How many think they will come out with a 29"er at Interbike?
    Is IBIS back??? I've been following Castellanodesigns, but not Ibis....with the Fango and now the Silk Ti back in John's camp, can IBIS still sell those designs??

I'm lost, but interested..
    FS: Everything

mtbr member
    As a long-time lover (but never an owner) of everthing Ibis I have been tracking their return for many months. I almost picked up a ti Mojo back in '98 and I have dispaired over the demise of Ibis ever since it became corperate and then disappeared. I don't think that they will be showing anything for we 29" wheeled bike people at the show; it seems like they are going to focus on FS and high tech carbon and ti stuff for their initial offering. Who knows, though? Maybe a steel or aluminum version of the Castellano designs in 29er form could be in the works. The ti version is terribly expensive, but one in steel would be sweet. All I really hope for is that Scot brings back the Mojo in one form or another. And it would be really nice if one of those forms were a 29er.

Say "Cheese"
    Quote Originally Posted by ncj01
    Is IBIS back??? I've been following Castellanodesigns, but not Ibis....with the Fango and now the Silk Ti back in John's camp, can IBIS still sell those designs??

Yes, I'm interested as well. An Ibis 29er would be awesome! Sounds like Scot has gathered a great team of people too.

Now I did find a statement on the Ibis website saying something like, "If you need parts for your Ibis Szazbo, BowTi, SilkTi or Ripley, contact our good friend John Castellano at Castellano Designs." Based on that, sounds like they won't be making the old Ibis bikes.

Speaking of Castellano, I sure wish he would market a Fango 29er. He already has the geometry worked out for the limited production 29" Ti version. Make it in Aluminum for around a grand and I believe the frame would sell.

Heck, I've even called John and made this request (as have others). But, he didn't feel the market was there to sell a mass produced run of a few hundred frames. I disagree based on the popularity of the Dos Niner. And, of all the soft tails, I feel the Fango is the most advanced and well engineered model. Proven to be very durable too.

Paul

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ncj01
    ....with the Fango and now the Silk Ti back in John's camp, can IBIS still sell those designs??

I'd doubt it considering they have a full-time designer in the picture now...
    Niner Bikes employee. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Niner-...3652275?ref=ts
    Front Range Forum Moderator

Harmonius Wrench
    The latest issue of BRAIN has a story on Ibis and states that they are bringing a carbon road bike and a five inch travel carbon and aluminum mtb to market now. No mention of any other bikes at this time.

mtbr member
    I already went down that road with John C. He did not think the demand was high enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1PA
    Yes, I'm interested as well. An Ibis 29er would be awesome! Sounds like Scot has gathered a great team of people too.

Now I did find a statement on the Ibis website saying something like, "If you need parts for your Ibis Szazbo, BowTi, SilkTi or Ripley, contact our good friend John Castellano at Castellano Designs." Based on that, sounds like they won't be making the old Ibis bikes.

Speaking of Castellano, I sure wish he would market a Fango 29er. He already has the geometry worked out for the limited production 29" Ti version. Make it in Aluminum for around a grand and I believe the frame would sell.

Heck, I've even called John and made this request (as have others). But, he didn't feel the market was there to sell a mass produced run of a few hundred frames. I disagree based on the popularity of the Dos Niner. And, of all the soft tails, I feel the Fango is the most advanced and well engineered model. Proven to be very durable too.

Paul