mtbr member

Have a Reign, thinking about getting a Mojo

I'm thinking about buying a Mojo to replace my Giant Reign (bought it last year). Any thoughts from people out there who are riding the Mojo.

I love my Reign, it does everything really well and I have had no problems. BUT I love the idea of riding a 25lb Mojo.

The geometry of the two bikes seems to be similar. The Mojo felt nice but I have not had it on the trials so I'm not sure how it handles relative to the Reign.

Any thoughts would be great.

It's the axle
    Just a quick look at the Reign, and I see it's a little bit more laid back, and the suspension links are much bigger than the Mojo's. It also, if I may take a stab at this, looks like the suspension has a rearward path to it. It looks more like a downhill bike than the reviews lead on to.

Look around the forum at some of the threads. There are a lot of posts on how this bike handles.

There are a few who own NRS bikes and the Mojo. I'm one of them. And having ridden with one of those people over the weekend, and discussing the two, we agree the Mojo climbs better than that cross country frame. And descending isn't even a comparison. The NRS is uncomfortable where the Mojo is confident and cushy.

Here's what I see as testament to the Mojo. I don't think you will find a single negative post. I personally find the bike continuing to grow on me with each ride.

Every bike has compromises. Climbing versus descending. This bike does everything with the least compromise. It soaks up roots and ruts on climbs. And it feels like a scalpel on descents. I have yet to find a trail that challenges this thing. And yet when I get back from a ride, I see I've cycled the suspension to it's limit. It's working.

Got my Mojo workin'.

mtbr member
    I bought my Reign because I grew tired of the NRS. Even though the Reign is heavier I just prefer the ride. The odd thing is I feel like I'm faster because it just soaks up the nasty stuff with ease (obviously slower on the straights etc.).

I ride a lot of rock in the spring, winter and fall (when the other trails are too wet. It is the kind of rough Canadian shield stuff. I worry about the carbon bike in that kind of environment. How are they holding up?

If I buy I will likely go with the 25lb build because the weight really seems to be the advantage it has over the Reign.

If I remember correctly Giant settled out of court with the designer of the DW system on the Mojo.

I ride in Southern Ontario (Canada). We don't have mountains (Hills) and most of the riding is single and double track, elevated ramps etc.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Get the Mojo!

You will regret not having one!
    It is by far the best bike I have ever ridden (Specialized C3 FSR, Ibis Bow-ti, Ibis Ti-Mojo, Kona Dawg, Santa Cruise Heckler, Specilized enduro FSR, Kona Stinky, S-Works M2)
    This bike has made me faster! I ride a Bow-ti built for xc racing(no riser bar) and I was hesitant about the climbing ability cause of the more "freeride gometry". I clean the same technical stuff with this bike as I'm used to on the bow-ti. I pride myself on cleaning climbs 97% of the riders I see, walk up, so absolutely no problem! I It will also be my training ride for getting ready to defend my GOLD medal I won in the Bow-80 last year.
    thats 50 miles of tough single track, 7500 ft of climbing, and double black diamond downhills, 4.5 to 8.5 hrs on a bike! Only hardcore endurance racers try this one cause it beats the crap out of you! I might even race this bike! A 20 lb Ti-mojo hardtail is my other option, so some tough decisions will have to be made! Your decision should be easy! BUY THE MOJO!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I've got an 06 Giant Reign but have ordered a Mojo. Unfortunately it's still at least a week or 2 away so I can't give you a comparison yet. I am expecting it to be a lot faster & obviously lighter, but possibly not quite as plush (I run my rear pretty soft).
    I guess we'll see in a few weeks.

mtbr member
    did you just buy the frame? If not what kind of build did you buy?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Good job!

I got a complete bike. The SL w/ 07 'XTR, Fox float RLC and Easton Bar & seatpost.
    Got a medium in naked carbon. The RP23 seems to work very well with this bike. Light and plush. You made the right decision dude! Welcome to to Ibisian family!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by jacko69
    I've got an 06 Giant Reign but have ordered a Mojo. Unfortunately it's still at least a week or 2 away so I can't give you a comparison yet. I am expecting it to be a lot faster & obviously lighter, but possibly not quite as plush (I run my rear pretty soft).
    I guess we'll see in a few weeks.
    I finally got my SX Mojo carbon

I've only had 1 quick ride on it, but it seems a lot faster, quieter, and smoother than the Reign. I was actually surpised at how smooth it was, given that I found the Reign so smooth when I upgraded from a Giant VT2 18 months ago. Oh, and it corners extremely well, even with the standard 2.1 Nevagals. I probably expected it to corner as well as the Reign since I've got 2.35s on that, but no the Mojo is much better at that too !

So far, it's great & I can't wait to take if for a proper ride on the weekend.

mtbr member
    I have the 2.35 Kenda Nevegals stickies on my Reign as well. I really do like the Reign but I want something lighter.

Please give me a full run down one you get a good ride on it. What equipment level and color did you get? I'm expecting mine to show up in about two weeks. I went SX and Guiness foam.

I'm thinking about going with the clear just because it will hide damage more. I think the black bikes look like tech and the painted bikes look like art. Still not sure though. All my cars and equipment have always been black.

Any comments.