mtbr member
    Nov 2010

HAS / Saar angleset for Mojo SL

Anybody has ever ordered an angleset from Saar?

Ofanaim.net » Head Angle Set

Ofanaim.net » Rider's Feedback

I emailed him, he said he is starting collecting order, and recommend me 1.5 degree for my mojo SL, 2-3 weeks.

I emailed works component but never get any reply.

Saar angleset has pretty good review, but I would like to hear some more input before I order one. more $$ than works component tho.

Happy trails.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I've been looking for a way to slack my sl for forever... Are you sure he can do one for the SL? I stopped looking when I got an HD about a year ago, but last I checked no one wanted to try to do an adjustable headset for the SL because of the carbon integrated cups.

If you've really convinced him to try to make one for the SL tell him he's got at least one more buyer. Maybe I'd ride my SL more often instead of just always riding my HD...

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I spoke to works components a while ago about this and they said they weren't going to make angle sets for the sl because like already stated due to it having carbon integrated cups. I instead went for the option of putting some x-fusion vengeance forks on her that have been lowered to 160mm travel and I haven't looked back it has completely changed the bike. Its obviously made the front a bit light on climbs but I can live with that for the way it now feels when you point it down the trail!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    So Works would not make one for mojo SL.
    I just emailed Saar again, asking him to confirm if the angleset compatible with 2012 mojo SL.
    If you see his website on rider feedback, one of the rider has it on mojo SL, and he is satisfied.
    I will update what Saar will say.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I emailed him yesterday and this is his response

Hi Dave,

I am collecting orders for the next production batch.
    They go for 600 ILS anodized and shipped.

Regards

So not cheap, but if they work it will be a great solution

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    ok, here is his reply:
    "All Mojo HT are the same standard 42/42.
    It is the length that varies.
    I have made many of those and they were installed successfully.
    The cups are tight fit into your HT, since they are eccentric and will rotate during aggressive riding.
    Be aware that it is highly recommended to use a Loctite 690 bearing compound on the cups to prevent them from rotating.
    I plan to have them ready in a few weeks."

pretty convincing answer to me. I may order one soon. who's interested?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Definitely interested but may wait a little longer to see any long-term reviews - just in case.......

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    i just ordered one. will update here..
    Saar has to make it. he said in a few weeks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Update:
    I received the angleset this week, and ordered loctite 609 just like recommended by Saar.
    Angleset is installed, pretty straight forward. ready for action tomorrow. I removed 3 headset spacer, total 15mm, to get somewhat the same bar height.
    I can feel the difference riding it around the block, more slacker, stabil, better in cornering.
    real test is coming.

mtbr member
    I emailed him about one too. After reading the discussion in the 650b forum about using offset shockmounts to get the 1-1.5 degree change I think I'm going that route. Its cheaper and less likely to damage the HT.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    ok, first ride on trail with new HA, very happy with it. No creak, no movement of the cups, at least for now. Climbing is about the same, cant really feel any diff. But cornering and DH, feel way better. The rock garden DH section feel so much funner.
    Cane creek and Works Componet dont make it. Im glad I found out about HAS.
    Thanks, Mr Saar.

mtbr member

Cups from Saar Gelvan

That´s mine, and works really good.
    HAS / Saar angleset for Mojo SL-2013-01-07-238.jpgHAS / Saar angleset for Mojo SL-2013-01-07-239.jpgHAS / Saar angleset for Mojo SL-2013-01-07-237.jpg

Regards

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hairless View Post
    That´s mine, and works really good.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-07-238.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	786768Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-07-239.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	786769Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-01-07-237.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	786770

Regards

Bike looks great Hairless. What was the final fork angle you were able to achieve? Also, what were you charge for this?

thanks a lot!

mtbr member
    Hi, msbihli. The angle was 67,5º with 150 mm fork, and it cost 128 €. It work´s really good

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Hi,
    I also purchased one of these headsets from Saar. I put it on my Mojo Sl. It is the best upgrade I have done on the bike. I am using it with a 140 Fox Talas. My impression is the that the bike carries more speed through corners and rough stuff. Great upgrade and Saar is really responsive to questions.

I did it all for the kudo
    I tried to order one of these from this guy and initially his response was that he was out of them for the large SL frame but he had several for the medium. So I emailed him back asking if he could let me know when he has them in stock.
    This was the response that I recieved...
    "As it seems, there is no forecast for the next production.
    Sorry"

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Anyone know what kind of upper bearing cover I should use with this. I put in cane creek 36x45 bearings and they dropped in fine but the bearing cover sits too high and there is a gap between the cover and the bearing. Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan0930 View Post
    Anyone know what kind of upper bearing cover I should use with this. I put in cane creek 36x45 bearings and they dropped in fine but the bearing cover sits too high and there is a gap between the cover and the bearing. Any suggestions?
    Mine has about 0.5 mm gap, using original IS2 Headset -I don't have any issues with it but its noticeable.

HAS / Saar angleset for Mojo SL-2013-08-16-08.39.33.jpg
    Tal