Green Mojo

Happy Birthday - My Mojo is 1 Year Old!

I have had my Mojo for exactly one year now, so I spent this morning detailing it in the garage. I pulled off all of my original clear tape and touched up a few dings, and she looks almost as good as new. I was concerned about this issue, and I know other potential buyers are because I see this issue and question on other threads. It turns out the use of lots of tape has worked. Thanks to this site for the tape tip! DON'T SPARE THE TAPE!!! APPLY IT GENEROUSLY!!! ESPECIALLY ON BOTTOM SIDE OF DOWN TUBE AND UNDERSIDE OF BOTTOM BRACKET AND LOWER SIDES OF REAR TRIANGLE.

My bike is not a "garage" bike. It gets used almost every day in the summer and about 4 times per week in the winter. I live in Southern CA and am lucky enough to be able to ride almost every day. (The Mojo has taken a bit of a back seat recently as I just got a new road bike....)

I can say that this bike is everything I thought it would be and more. It has drawn me in to biking more than I ever was before I got it. I have ridden other bikes over the past year and none other come close. I have had ZERO issues with the bike. Other than several sets of tires and two sets of brake discs I have had no maintenance costs at all.

My concern about having a beautiful new green bike look like $HlT after a year never came true - this bike looks like new! Time to get it dirty again!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bikerneil; 02-02-2008 at 04:54 PM.

Green Mojo

a few more pictures

Here's the balance of the pictures. Application of the clear tape (when I brought the bike home) was obviously worthwhile. Time for a new tape job for this next year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerneil
    Here's the balance of the pictures. Application of the clear tape (when I brought the bike home) was obviously worthwhile. Time for a new tape job for this next year.
    Very nice bike man but no scratches... Have you ridden it offroad?
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

Green Mojo
    A few of my regular rides include: Daley Ranch, Aliso Woods, Whiting Ranch (gone now), San Juan Trail, Noble Canyon, Sycamore Canyon, Knotts Berry Farm, Lake Hodges, Penaquitos Preserve, Chollo, Rock-It, Lynx, Mathis, Mission Trails, and other San Diego trails.

Other trails over the past year include Moab - Slickrock, Sovereign, Klondike, and Bartlett Wash, Fruita - Horsethief Bench, Area 18, Mammoth Mountain in Northern CA, and numerous single track trails in Steamboat Springs.

Not a bike that hangs on the wall - though I will add that I am not a wreckless downhiller, (amazing how things change as I grow older....).

bikerneil

Grams Light Bikes
    Congrats!

Yes, that bike is to pretty and shiny! Go get it dirty again!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    That tape you mentioned must have been invisible as I can't see it ! Seriously, you must clean your ride every day, it is impecable. Yeah, I think you ought to get it dirty too !

Green Mojo
    When I took these pictures, I had stripped all of the old tape off (except one area on the downtube) and I was preparing for re-application of new tape for this coming year. The new tape is now on and the bike is dirty again......
    Last edited by bikerneil; 02-24-2008 at 05:27 AM.

mtbr member
    Happy Birthday to the mojo and yourself. The ibis touch up paint and the tape really makes a hay-uge difference. Hope you have another good year of running 'er!