Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Homer's problem child

Hans, WTF on the black Mojo HD images???

So what's the deal on some black Mojo HD images and how much are the frames delayed past the white and vitamin P frames? Technical dificulties or what?

Please update the masses waiting on those frames. The shop I ordered mine from has gone quite so I'm assuming that means there is some delay on Ibis's side of things. Every time I talk to the shop it gets pushed back 2 weeks so I'm afraid to ask again.

A little photo or update would be nice. I've only seen one tiny photo of a mud covered black HD. Yet all kinds of stuff on the white and V.P's. KMON!!!

Regards,
    BY
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro....

aka dan51
    I'd like to see some black pics too.
    This is the only other thing I've seen.
    http://www.brianlopes.com/img00830.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    ...People thought they were getting a good fork because it was a "fox".

mtbr member
    I think thats a black Ibis Mojo brians' riding....Look at the headtube...it's not tapered.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

The new black

It's still not right and we're trying again. We'll put out photos as soon as we have it dialed.

The delay in confirming the color does not really impact the frame delivery dates for people who have ordered the black except for the first ones. The factory continues to make frames and they will start painting them black as soon as we confirm the graphics.

Thanks for your patience.

FYI, the last sample did not match the PMS color target, so we're going to try again. If all goes well we'll see it and confirm it in a couple of weeks.

H

Lurker
    Let's not rush them. Give 'em as much as time as they need to make sure the black is black, 'cause that green Vitamin P ended up yellow.

The Crow
    Can't remember when last I laughed this lekker at a thread topic! Good one, I know how you feel.

Hans: Will it be wiser to change color order? Don't want my HD to be delayed cause of color.
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West
    And my spirit is crying for leaving

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hanssc
    It's still not right and we're trying again. We'll put out photos as soon as we have it dialed.

The delay in confirming the color does not really impact the frame delivery dates for people who have ordered the black except for the first ones. The factory continues to make frames and they will start painting them black as soon as we confirm the graphics.

FYI, the last sample did not match the PMS color target, so we're going to try again. If all goes well we'll see it and confirm it in a couple of weeks.

H
    Hans, don't know if it's too late for suggestions, but why not "negative" versions of the white and of the green? Would love to see the black on black HD to be a full black or gloss carbon frame with the inside chainstay/seatstay and top tube graphics in white or green.

And how difficult would be taking custom color orders - of course, with a extra cost - in the future? Would love having a Tranny-like burnt orange HD...

mtbr member
    Attention all who ordered green, change your order to a different color. The vitamin p looks terrible.

The Crow

"Negative"

Quote Originally Posted by Black RONIN
    Hans, don't know if it's too late for suggestions, but why not "negative" versions of the white and of the green?
    Black with Ferrari or even blood red decals will look KILLER!
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West

holding back the darkness
    Quote Originally Posted by Black RONIN
    Hans, don't know if it's too late for suggestions, but why not "negative" versions of the white and of the green? Would love to see the black on black HD to be a full black or gloss carbon frame with the inside chainstay/seatstay and top tube graphics in white or green.

And how difficult would be taking custom color orders - of course, with a extra cost - in the future? Would love having a Tranny-like burnt orange HD...
    That would look cool... however, the insides of the stays are possibly the most abused areas on the frame. the rear tire is constantly flinging rocks and mud in there. The white is gonna show wear in those areas more than the black.

ZEN RIDER!
    HD in Guinness Foam would be sweet or Halloween orange
    Not into white or the neon green fad.
    Life in every breath

The Crow
    To be honest I don't really care. Send me white frame or pee one. Heck, send me the yellow one that "doesn't exist"!

A bit over white myself but for the most part I'm easy.
    There's a feeling I get
    When I look to the West

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Here's a solution for those of you that want black

my 'chrome' links are no longer chrome.

mtbr member
    When I see the black one I will put a order in...... but a HD i will have my mojo sl for marathon racing and my HD as a play bike

mtbr member
    Last edited by Black RONIN; 05-03-2010 at 09:57 PM.

Homer's problem child

H
    Thanks for the speedy reply Hans. Not the answer I wanted to hear but what can I do. Excited to get a HD and just having a hard time waiting.

Can't figure out how the black could be so hard to get right but then again I'm a guy that doesn't care too much about paint, been riding a "raw" frame for 2 seasons and like not giving a crap about paint scratches etc.... Black is black when it's covered in dust and what not from being ridden.

Bought my first Ibis on accident (used Silk road bike) and now making a concious decision to go after a HD. About to be 2 deep in the Ibis pool...

Thanks,
    BY

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dan51
    I'd like to see some black pics too.
    This is the only other thing I've seen.
    http://www.brianlopes.com/img00830.pdf
    Go to the next DH race, and check out Jeff's Saw him and his black HD up close at SO.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcruiser
    True, that is a black HD. We're trying a darker silver / gray for the graphic though...

That was one of our color test bikes.

H

Well Biked
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcruiser
    Interesting statement at the end of the video about possible coil options for the HD.

Sorry for the thread jack.

Homer's problem child
    True, that is a black HD. We're trying a darker silver / gray for the graphic though...

H
    That's good. Looks like either way I'll have a decent color scheme, either the white will match my EX1750's or the hopefully the silver/gray matches my Float 36...

Now if you don't mind, HTFU already wit hthe black HD's. I want my frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

H

Kendall-spazz's new ride?
    64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Is it correct then that the Black HD does not show off any of the carbon/weave like the other two??? Dealbreaker on black then if so, I like to see some, if not most of the carbon exposed. Super stoked anyway.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by robnow
    Is it correct then that the Black HD does not show off any of the carbon/weave like the other two??? Dealbreaker on black then if so, I like to see some, if not most of the carbon exposed. Super stoked anyway.
    Deal's back on, it does show most of the weave ; )

I guess you can't see it well in the photo, but it's a matte clear and there's weave everywhere there's not silver...

H

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Sounds great, thanks Hans, now to get on that Canadian distributor to bring some in because, according to my lbs, black may not be an option up here this year. As much as I want to buy from them, may have to travel south.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast