Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Hans - Official Ibis XX1 Compatibility?

Hans - could you confirm which models will work with SRAM XX1?

We have several Mojo HD owners posting positive results, but I haven't seen any other models (SL, SL-R, Tranny, etc.).

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    The frame has nothing to do with XX1 compatibility. Get the right hub and bottom bracket components and put XX1 on any bike you wish. It's just 1 x 11, it is nothing special that the bike needs designed around.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Adim_X View Post
    The frame has nothing to do with XX1 compatibility. Get the right hub and bottom bracket components and put XX1 on any bike you wish. It's just 1 x 11, it is nothing special that the bike needs designed around.
    That's what I thought as well, and then stumbled across this post in the other XX1 thread in here.

Hi, I'm Manuel from Chile, I have a bike Ibis Mojo HD 160 and I want to install the Sram groupset XX1,

Wrote to Ibis Cycles and they said
    "Hello Manuel,
    For XX1 the crank clearance is the same as with XX. So 156 or 168 Either will work. However, there is a clearance issue with in the 10t cog XX1. The chain will rub on the frame in That gear. We have not received any groups yet XX1. So it is hard for me to offer you specifics, but quite a few People Have Their frames modified to Work with XX1. The two methods seem to be adding a spacer Either on the end of the hub axle to spread the drop outs a little, or filing a small notch in the coal where the chain hits.
    Good Luck! "

Since he claims the response was from Ibis, I figured I'd ping Hans and see what the scoop on this really is.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Checking... Should have an answer tomorrow.
    H

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hanssc View Post
    Checking... Should have an answer tomorrow.
    H
    Sounds good, thanks Hans!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Well, here's what we know so far - it works on our stock wheels. It's mixed on other hubs and we're getting samples of popular ones so we can make a list of go and no-go.

More in a week or two.

H

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Well, here's what we know so far - it works on our stock wheels. It's mixed on other hubs and we're getting samples of popular ones so we can make a list of go and no-go.

More in a week or two.

H
    Sounds like a ton of work, but work that's very much appreciated on our end!

I had been eyeballing the supported hub list here, and trying to decide which wheelset to go with for the upgrade. I'm still crushed to see Chris King won't be supporting this standard.

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelly_NH View Post
    Sounds like a ton of work, but work that's very much appreciated on our end!

I had been eyeballing the supported hub list here, and trying to decide which wheelset to go with for the upgrade. I'm still crushed to see Chris King won't be supporting this standard.
    Aways been a King fan, still run the headset, I had to change my rear King for XX1 went DT 240s, I wont be buying a King over this hub in future, its dam awesome my go too hub from now on. The DT 240s clears my frame no problem on the 10t cog.

mtbr member
    May 2011

More in a week or two.

H
    Hans is a replacement freewheel available to adapt my existing IBIS Hub to fit XX1?

mtbr member
    Hans, any update. I am getting rubbing with a DT 350 hub and 142 HD rear end. Am I safe filing or should I add the spacer? TIA!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    Hans, any update. I am getting rubbing with a DT 350 hub and 142 HD rear end. Am I safe filing or should I add the spacer? TIA!
    It's OK to file (just enough to clear) or you can try a spacer.

We've gotten a bunch of hubs to check and will put that info out soon. Almost all of them work as is or will work with a small amount of material removed.
    More info soon.
    H

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck_tacoma View Post
    Hans is a replacement freewheel available to adapt my existing IBIS Hub to fit XX1?
    Not at this time, sorry. Those Ibis labeled ones are Joy tech hubs and we switched manufacturers recently.

Speed Tune (the new one) has an xx1 free hub and it works with clearance, but is not readily available yet. We'll get them asap.

Levi Early
    that is a bummer the joytech hubs will not cross over.

mtbr member
    Going with a spacer since I am just waiting for Easton to release their XX1 Freehub.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    It's OK to file (just enough to clear) or you can try a spacer.

We've gotten a bunch of hubs to check and will put that info out soon. Almost all of them work as is or will work with a small amount of material removed.
    More info soon.
    H

Hey Hans - just wanted to verify you guys are testing on multiple frames (I'm personally looking for Mojo SL compatibility). Tons of info so far on Mojo HDs, but nothing yet on the trusty ol' Mojo SL.

mtbr member
    My i9's work ok.

Tried with a hope pro 2 evo and it hits the frame on the smallest cog :-(

Mtb Guide
    Salespunk, is your DT 350 a star hub or pawl, DT say the 340 is not XX1 compatible!

MSH
    mtbr member
    Is the filing and/or spacer going to be required on the Ripley?
    I'm getting all my new parts ordered up for my Ripley build. Just ordered up my XX1 kit today along with the XX1 freehub for my older DT240s hubs that I just had laced to some of the Chinese carbon hoops.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick005 View Post
    Salespunk, is your DT 350 a star hub or pawl, DT say the 340 is not XX1 compatible!
    You are correct, it is a 350 with the star.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Hans - any update for us yet?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelly_NH View Post
    Hans - any update for us yet?
    Jeff here has been collecting hubs and testing fit. Here's his summary:

We've been busy testing as many XX1 compatible freehubs on the HD as we can. Most of them fit. The determining factor will be the glue line that runs in a semi-circle around the dropout. If clearance issues do occur, they will most likely be between the glue line and the chain. Clearance is very close on the XX1 stuff, and in the event that any rubbing happens, it'll be fine to use a file in order to remove the ~1mm or so of offending glue that causes the interference.

Hans - Official Ibis XX1 Compatibility?-dropout-clearance-4-directions.jpg

The SLR should fit most hubs set up correctly with the XX1 driver and 142x12 end caps.

Addedn this info on 2-15-2013 from Jeff re Mojo, SL and Tranny fit:

Hi guys,

I just tossed a Speed Tuned hub onto a Mojo SL and a Tranny, set them both up with the proper XX1 derailleur, crank, and chain, and all was good. Plenty of clearance.

However, things to note:

1.) 135x10 end caps typically are too large to fit through an XX1 lockring. Since the XX1 uses a 10 tooth high gear, rather than the standard 11 tooth, it has a smaller lockring than normal. Most manufacturers expect folks to install XX1 stuff on 142x12 bikes, so there's a good chance that the 135x10 end caps won't fit without some filing. This will differ from manufacturer to manufacturer, but it's something to be aware of. Heck, I could be wrong- the manufacturers might just make 135x10 end caps, but I haven't heard of those so far.

2.) To answer everyone else's next question, the 156q cranks fit just fine.

Cheers!

Ibis
    Last edited by hanssc; 02-15-2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: added info on Mojo, SL and Tranny

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    hope mojo c will be tested too.

MSH
    mtbr member
    Curiously is the Ripley being tested as well? I already picked up my XX1 buildkit that will go on mine so I suppose it doesn't matter at this point, but I am curious if I will potentially need to file

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Hans - can you comment whether you folks have tried Stan's 3.30 hubs (ZTR Arch EX wheelset) on a Mojo SL yet? Also, do you guys plan on testing clearance on Industry Nine's new Torch hubs?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    The Ripley has more room and in general has enough clearance, should be OK on the vast majority of hubs.

H

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast