Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by hanssc View Post
    Here's an update:

Question: Is there interest for the HD spacer dropout hanger?
    If we see support for it, we'll make some.

Hope this helps and we welcome any comments / interest level on the need for the wider hangers for increasing clearance on HD frames.

H
    Awesome response Hans.

+1 here for sure
    cheers

Mav.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I'll take it for sure and dump the washer.

Marco

mtbr member
    I'll take two

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Count me in for 2 HD spacer hanger and stop looking for the washer that just dropped on the floor!

Can you make a version for Direct Mount RDs?
    Last edited by nsxtc; 03-28-2013 at 02:16 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    H
    Absolutely! I did not like to file away carbon, but I needed to. I would like put a protective coat over it and never have to be concerned about it with a slightly thicker hanger.

mtbr member
    In for 2. Although no issues with my I9s thus far.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Absolutely. I'm in for 2. My I9's run "ok" but I've found that the clearance is so tight that even the slightest cable stretch and it will bind up as illustrated in the earlier pics.

but i want to ride now
    Please yes. My I9 torch wheels, even with a little material filed away, creates some rubbage.
    sweet sweet trails

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Hans - Official Ibis XX1 Compatibility?

Interested x 2!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Definitely interested in the spacer dropout hanger.

One note on XX1 compatible hubs - Some Roval rear wheels (Traverse SL for one) use DT 240s internals, and are compatible with the DT Swiss XX1 freehub.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hans,

Are you planning to offer two versions? A direct mount and non?

Also to note that its not just for XX1 users (I would post in HD forum as a general poll). Others w 10 speed setup can also benefit (like myself). My current 11-36 also has the same clearance issue and its resolved with a spacer.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Just ordered an HD today and I would like to run the XX1. I am in for modified hanger if Ibis makes it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'd be in for 2. I know loads of my friends here in the UK would want some also.

mtbr member
    Glad I'm reading this. My HD is in the mail, and I'm deciding on XX1 or 1x10. I'll take a hanger or 2!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I"ll take two on the HD spacer dropout hanger

-Shane

Here's an update:

If we see support for it, we'll make some.

H

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'll take 2-3 hangers.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I'm interested in a new hanger. I am waiting on the Lg Vitamin P frames to come back in stock. I have a full XX1 groupo ready to be mounted.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I am waiting for a large black HD140. I was told the wait would be 6 weeks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I have the same setup Hope Evo, mine was rubbing the frame, even after removing some of the paint and glue from it, what I made and worked was to place in the drive side two of the shims used between the crank arms and pedal spindle, now works fine and not rubbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_MTB View Post
    My i9's work ok.

Tried with a hope pro 2 evo and it hits the frame on the smallest cog :-(

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Some guys as using the XX1 crank and chain with standard 10 speed cassette. I am not a strong climber, but a 11/36 cassette and a 32 tooth chain ring should be decent for climbing. Of course, having the cassette go to 42 would be great but it seems like a headache. I am still waiting for my ibis HD frame so I have some time to see if there is XX1 hub that works well with the Ibis without the need to file.

My local bike shop told me that they have installed the XX1 on an ibis. I have not personally seen the set up. If I do, I will post some pics.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I did my rig (I assembly all my bikes because is what I enjoy too) with a SIXC 36-24 chainrings and 11-36 XTR in the back, the RD was a XX and FD X0..It worked very nice, but I triy the 1x10 after so I installed an e13 33T in front and keep same setup back.. for my riding zone it worked fine and I enjoy it. But after moving to another place because work I needed some more friendly for climbing the steep zones. I choose the XX1 because I loved the 1x10 type, and because Iīm a tech-gadget freak. I just had the problem with the chain rubbing my chainstay but solved placing a pedal-cranck washer in the drive side between the hub and the frame. For the rest I can say I love my bike and climbing with the 42T in the back is amazing, I can climb places soo step tahn never in my life could with the 3x8, 3x9, 2x10 or 1x10, I will try the 34T also to check how itīs going.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricio fracchia View Post
    I did my rig (I assembly all my bikes because is what I enjoy too) with a SIXC 36-24 chainrings and 11-36 XTR in the back, the RD was a XX and FD X0..It worked very nice, but I triy the 1x10 after so I installed an e13 33T in front and keep same setup back.. for my riding zone it worked fine and I enjoy it. But after moving to another place because work I needed some more friendly for climbing the steep zones. I choose the XX1 because I loved the 1x10 type, and because Iīm a tech-gadget freak. I just had the problem with the chain rubbing my chainstay but solved placing a pedal-cranck washer in the drive side between the hub and the frame. For the rest I can say I love my bike and climbing with the 42T in the back is amazing, I can climb places soo step tahn never in my life could with the 3x8, 3x9, 2x10 or 1x10, I will try the 34T also to check how itīs going.
    What rear hub did you use for the XX1? Is your bike an HD or an SL? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Mine is an HD 160... 12x142mm rear... Hope Evo Hubs, best hubs for me so far, also changing the XD cassette dome is easy, just pull it by hand, pull the new, check seal is well placed and install the XX1 cassette, nothing more complicated.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Fabricio, Could you post a picture of the spacer installed? I decided to assemble a Ripley myself as I also enjoy put things together, and plan to have Light-Bicycle building a wheelset for me with Hope Pro2 Evo hubs for use with XX1 drivetrain. Your posting on the Hope hubs really helps. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fabricio fracchia View Post
    Mine is an HD 160... 12x142mm rear... Hope Evo Hubs, best hubs for me so far, also changing the XD cassette dome is easy, just pull it by hand, pull the new, check seal is well placed and install the XX1 cassette, nothing more complicated.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Hi jlian, Iīm far from home now because work and canīt take a picture of my bike. The spacer is a simple flat shim like the used between the pedal and the crank arm, (see link) just place it between the end cap and the frame, is annoying to place it there but an option can be use any kind of superglue. if you plan to use the Hope Evo be sure to buy the freehub that come with the 142x12mm XX1 end cap, the normal that come with hub doesnīt work with the XX1 cassette.

Also, in this thread Hanss from Ibis say that your bike will not have any problem with the XX1 setup because have more room for it, check in page 2 I think.

washer/shim link Pedal | Washers | Bicycles

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast