Mtb Guide

A Guides Bike setup!

Been following these guys a bit!

Find it interesting what guides use especially overseas for they're business, you can tell allot about the rider and business from that and the experience you might be getting, like these guys thinking along my own lines.

No BS these guys know just what works and works well when its your lively hood you don't mess around.

Another great reason to see they choose the HD backs what we all know.

The bikes that unite us Part 1: A guides perspective!

Mtb Guide
    Heres another guide and Enduro racer more in line with most of us I suspect, love the attitude and vibe from these guys and always interesting to see what other MTB guides run on theyre bikes.

Trev and his bike and article

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I am genuinely interested in the works headset. I have on on my DH bike. I wonder waht downsides there would be to a 65.5degree HD for NZ riding. We have some pretty steep stuff down here in ChCh

Lightly salted
    Cool, I always like to see how people have their HD's setup.

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by nzl62 View Post
    I am genuinely interested in the works headset. I have on on my DH bike. I wonder waht downsides there would be to a 65.5degree HD for NZ riding. We have some pretty steep stuff down here in ChCh
    Dude with your bike setup, personally I dont think you need it, Ive always been a slack and low fan before it became a trend but!

The HD with a bigger build or what was a standard build a year or 2 ago is as good up as it is down esspecially when you add a short stem and wider bar, you have a 50mm on there huh?

If you add a angleset, you will hurt your uphill performance esspecially on longer rides, you will compromise, if you are doing shuttle runs, which you have plenty of on the port hills, then it will be a good upgrade in DH mode, but you have some great back country riding down there with lots of elevation, climbing, Craigieburn do you go there allot.

To get the best out of a slack bike uou have to really rip it up, otherwise can be sluggish in corners weighting the front wheel, funny most other bikes Ive wanted to do this too, but not found myself wanting to do that on the HD, but Im running 40mm stem fork on the harder side for mid-stroke support and ride height on the downs.

Have you tried adding a spacer or 2 under your stem, on the HD it really makes a difference and no adverse affects on climbing, mine actually improved, otherwise maybe having Wideopen alter the shimstack on your 55 maintain better geo on way down, just an alternative suggestion, but then until you try you wont know, also not good dropping in and out headsets more than once or twice

Mtb Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by fuenstock View Post
    Cool, I always like to see how people have their HD's setup.