Thread: Garage Build

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Garage Build

Last night I finally got almost all the pieces together so we started putting the Mojo together in my garage. The fork is a Fox Vanilla 130 borrowed from a friend (who helped out) - no I'm not going to run 8 spacers - his bike is an extra large!

The bars and stem are going to get swapped out, as is the seat when I can find the ones I want.

Overall building the bike was uneventful and quite easy. Last step - taking the old cables off was a @$&%* because one of the XO gripshift housings decided to eat the cable - now I know why my rear dr was not shifting well. Decided to go the Nokon route and that takes time and patience, but it is just like Legos and beautiful when its done. Brought the bike into the kitchen for that part and had my son help out threading all the pieces in order. The shifting is better than new and you can really set the cables exactly how you want them. There is some bowing under full rear compression of the shock so I may put one of the socks I've seen others do across the seat tube. Next is the 3M film - going to use the car stuff.

Tomorrow will be the inaugural ride, can't wait.

Next is a decision on the fork. Going to try the coil and see what I think, but likely its going to be a Talas RLC so I can dial the front down for climbing.

-Alex

Some pics

Nokon Parts!

Helper

"Nothing is free."

Ibis Mojo / Parlee Z5 / Colnago Master Zabel / Cannondale Tandem / Civia Loring w/bamboo fenders

mtbr member
    Very Nice! It looks like we're spending our weekend doing the same thing.

I installed my rear XT 4-pot brakes/Goodridge lines in my garage today and I had 2 people walk in from the street to inquire about the bike.

I wasn't able to install my front brake since I'm waiting for my 203mm adapter but I did go for a quick ride around the block with just the rears. The bike rides so well that I had to fight myself not to hit the local singletrack. I can't wait until it's done!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by B_Aero
    Last night I finally got almost all the pieces together so we started putting the Mojo together in my garage. The fork is a Fox Vanilla 130 borrowed from a friend (who helped out) - no I'm not going to run 8 spacers - his bike is an extra large!

Tomorrow will be the inaugural ride, can't wait.

Next is a decision on the fork. Going to try the coil and see what I think, but likely its going to be a Talas RLC so I can dial the front down for climbing.

-Alex
    [/IMG]
    Very nice! for the fork I started with a Vanilla 130 but it is too short, it made, for my taste, for a too quick geometry. I have now a Float 140 that is ok but gave a lot of trouble travel-wise. It ramps up A LOT toward the end of the travel and it was a struggle to get more then 4" out of it. I am missing the simplicity and smoothness of my Vanilla/PUSH ... maybe, given the exceptional climbing prowness of the Mojo, you should consider a Vanilla 140mm