mtbr member
    Sep 2007

FSA Orbit IS Headset Durablity For Moj

Speaking of headsets, anyone had one of these FSA Orbit IS long enough to give them a rating. I could not find any reviews on them. That is what I ordered for my SL, it has been so long ago, I forgot why I ordered it. I think I remember a thread where Ibis was using them for builds at one time.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The reason I'm raising this thread again is the fact that the FSA Orbit has 36/45 degree Micro Angular Contact bearing while the IS Cane Creek IS 2 has 35/45. Thus, I was wondering if FSA was getting a slightly snugger fit ? (since the bearings just kinda "float" in the headtube)
    I see that allot of guys have been using them in their builds, I guess I could just pm a few of them. Well, regardless I went ahead and purchased an cc is/2 as well. Until I can find a blue CC IS 110 somewhere at a reasonable price. From Cane Creek 110 propaganda : "A tapered compression ring is used to mechanically center and secure the 110 IS headset on the steer tube versus the typical O-ring design that allows for some movement. This design helps eliminate creaking and rocking."
    I guess the IS 110 helps with some deficiencies in the original design in IS standard.
    Last edited by ghawk; 06-03-2008 at 04:55 AM.