Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2005

FSA K-Force Light MTB Crank and Mojo

Will the fsa K-FORCE LIGHT MTB crank work with Mojo?

http://mtb.fullspeedahead.com/fly.as...id=125&pid=128

thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Indeed it will!
    FSA-on-Mojo

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    I just put them on my Mojo. They look great and feel strong. I got mine from Chad at Red Barn Bikes. I'll try to get a pic up soon.
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by houseofmusic
    Will the fsa K-FORCE LIGHT MTB crank work with Mojo?

http://mtb.fullspeedahead.com/fly.as...id=125&pid=128

thanks
    yes and look sooooo good on a naked carbon frame

Ti is addictive
    Quote Originally Posted by pachaven
    I just put them on my Mojo. They look great and feel strong. I got mine from Chad at Red Barn Bikes. I'll try to get a pic up soon.

PM me with a review Pach.......I am waiting on a Fork from Chad and trying to decide if I wanna go with the FSA crankset to go with my new Hardtail.......Chad told me he just sent you a set and to wait for your feedback
    "Can I put a Totem on a FTM?".....Originally Posted by All Mountain

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    mine have been doing great so far,i have hooked a pedal on a stump at probably 15 mph or so completely spinning me around and throwing me from the bike, it made a horrible sound and i just knew i would find a broken crank when i got back to my bike, but they survived just fine,no problems at all, seem plenty stiff to me and nice and light.plus they look great,
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Wow, thats beautifull. The carbon cranks blends with the naked Mojo

And I can see all those protection tapes all round ur Mojo. GJ in protecting its finish
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

OregonMojo
    Feb 2007

FSA K-Force Light MTB Crank Great on Mojo

Works extemely well! View my response and pics two months ago on this thread Cranks upgrade. Haven't had the chance to ride much since then - mountain biking in Costa Rica for 3 weeks . . . without my Mojo though - and lousy weather back here in Oregon. But what little additional time on the Mojo I've had has only reinforced my highly positive opinion of the bike and the cranks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    i think im gonna splurge and get me one of this crank. thanks everybody

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    House of music,
    You're going to love the cranks and BB. I know I do. I am a little worried that I am hitting my cranks and peddles on rocks on every ride. Do you have that problem? it seems that the BB height is on the low side?
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I have the same cranks(175mm) pachaven and noticed I am hitting my pedal or crankarm often . I regret not getting the 170mm version. I think It also has something to do with the RP23 and the fact that I'm 200lbs. The stock chainrings are wimpy but the crank is as stiff as any dh crank I've used.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Bigrocks, I'm on 170 mm and only ride at 155 pounds. I'm too lazy to get out the tape and measure it side by side to my Epiphany. I love it other wise. No bike is perfect! I do have second thoughts on the SL with the WTF build though. We'll see
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    The components on the SL with WTF build is okay, if you see the specs you will realise you can still drop weight here and there but that defeats the purpose of having a AM bike. I think the WTF build is suitable for XC and Trails. If you wan burlier then you should opt for another build
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Well I got off my lazy butt and measured both bikes BB heights. Both the Epiphany and the Mojo have Nevegal 2.1 on the rear and 2.35 on the front. I set the Talas RLCís at 140mm and put the tape measure on them. The Mojo came in at 13.375 (339.72mm) and the Epiphany measured 13.75 (349.25 mm). So the .625 lower Mojo will likely hit the rocks more than the Epi. I am having more fun on the Mojo but am bummed that I get so many peddle strikes. Hey Hans, if youíre listening can you build me a SL with the WTF kit and a BB height of 13.75??? Iím still waiting for my new wheels to show up to post a side by side of the two bikes,hopefully soon
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

Church of the Wheel
    Well I got off my lazy butt and measured both bikes BB heights. Both the Epiphany and the Mojo have Nevegal 2.1 on the rear and 2.35 on the front. I set the Talas RLC’s at 140mm and put the tape measure on them. The Mojo came in at 13.375 (339.72mm) and the Epiphany measured 13.75 (349.25 mm). So the .625 lower Mojo will likely hit the rocks more than the Epi. I am having more fun on the Mojo but am bummed that I get so many peddle strikes. Hey Hans, if you’re listening can you build me a SL with the WTF kit and a BB height of 13.75??? I’m still waiting for my new wheels to show up to post a side by side of the two bikes,hopefully soon
    I'm confused by your math. 13.75 inches minus 13.375 inches is .375 inches, not .625 inches. Measurements in mm match at 9.53 mm (.375 inches). That's only 3/8 of an inch, which is a 2.7% difference between the two BB heights.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Crap! Youíre correct. That why I am a health care provider and not an engineer. 3/8 does not seam like a lot of difference. So why do I hit the rocks with my cranks so much more than on my Epi?
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

www.derbyrims.com
    Crap! Youíre correct. That why I am a health care provider and not an engineer. 3/8 does not seam like a lot of difference. So why do I hit the rocks with my cranks so much more than on my Epi?
    3/8's inch higher is significant, plus you may have the Mojo adjusted with less damping allowing deeper wallow, but even with the same shock and damping the Mojo is more freely active and wallows deeper having a rising wheel rate compared to the Epiphany's linear wheel rate suspension. The Mojo has more travel and likes deeper sag lowering the BB difference even further.

I also hope for at least 1/2 inch higher BB in a future dw-Link light-weight AM trail bike. But the Mojo's BB height is normal for this much travel or less, and really is best for performance and handling over all but the rockiest terrain.

Ti is addictive

Skip wondering why.....Just remove the cranks, put em in a box and ship em to me and I will gladly dispose of those pesky cranks that are causing all your pedal strikes.

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    TiEndo you are a giver! The way you will sacrifice yourself for me is touching man. But Iíll hold onto them for a while longer and try some fine tuning to the RP23. If that doesnít work, I may swap out the cranks on the two bikes.
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Well I added some air to the rear shock and my peddles only hit one time on my ride this evening. When I checked the pressure it was 120 pounds. So I pumped it up to 130 and checked the sag. I was not satisfied with the increase and decided to add 5 more pounds to 135. I went out on the ride and it felt fine. So maybe I just needed to make that small change. I am 155 ready to ride. What are you guys ridding at and at what pressure in the RP23? Thanks!
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

Ti is addictive
    TiEndo you are a giver! The way you will sacrifice yourself for me is touching man. But Iíll hold onto them for a while longer and try some fine tuning to the RP23. If that doesnít work, I may swap out the cranks on the two bikes.

Only looking out for the best intrests on my fellow man ...Tis the season right? Ok, you convinced me, Phoned up Santa Chad and asked if he had any boxing week sales (you know the answer to that) and now am waiting on the crankset as well as a fork for the hardtail.

mtbr member
    which would you buy for the same money the fsa or the xtr m970? and why
    thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    As much as I like FSA, I will go for XTR M970 (this is the latest one I assume?)

Why?
    Because at the condition Im riding, sometime I have the tendency of hitting my crankset to the rocks (especially the bottom part of the crank arm (near the pedal spindle)), so I don't know if a carbon crank can stand up with that kind of abuse.
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

Grams Light Bikes
    Nothing on the market shifts as well as XTR, their ramps are highly engineered and shift like butter.

flow where ever you go
    My FSA carbon cranks have taken 2 years of beating and have proven strong, stiff, and reliable. The carbon arms hitting rock just cause scratches. Like the Mojo, protection tape stops most scratches. They shift great but the light rings wear faster than some (XT rings). I have not tried XTR up front.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast