mtbr member
    Feb 2006

FSA K-Force bars

The frame is on order and I'm gathering the parts, the bars are going to to be FSA K-force XC. If anyone is running them did you opt for the 40mm or 25mm rise and what are your thoughts?

I've got a TALAS fork so I can drop the front of the bike. So I'm thinking highrise.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Ocross, I have the 25mm rise oversize version.
    I like the oversize because of stiffness and looks.

Whether 40 or 25mm also depends how you set up the bike, is it more freeride than XC, then choose 40mm, otherwise I would prefer the 25 mm. I have setup the bike more XC, so 25mm was my choice.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Lowlands, I've seen your bike it looks good. How do you like the sumo seat post clamp?

a.k.a. BicycleKicks
    I have the 40mm rise version and I'm wishing I had the low rise version because I want to switch it between frames, but one of the frames has a long head tube which jacks up the front of the bike too much, therefore the low rise would be better for me.

However, as long as the grip height is where you want it, it doesn't really matter what combination of bar rise, stem rise, or spacers you use to acheive the final height.

My 2 cents: as long as you can use spacers and stem changes to fine tune the height, get the low rise version.

Either way it's a super nice bar though. Mine came in weighing less than claimed too... a big plus for a gram counter.
    I read that on the internet.