mtbr member
    Dec 2006

frame protection ?

I have a new mojo frame on the way and want to be proactive on frame protection. Would getting the rear chainstay rhino lined be crazy? I had it done on an old voodoo and it was sweet. Would it void the warranty?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Smile

there would be alot of chain slap noise with the carbon fiber frame.
    just my 2 cents worth
    Mitch

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I use a tennis racket replacement grip, $5.00. It looks great. I don't know anything about tennis, but Federer was on the packaging, so it must be good. I left the tape backing on and secured it with zip ties on both ends.

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    I use racquet grip like Jedicoder said. Cheap, easy to find, looks clean....better than lizard skins for sure IMO. And they will last forever. I've never replaced it in the 5 years I've used it.

I know you didn't mention it, but for the rest of the frame, I use (and a lot of Mojo-ers use) ISC Racer tape. Contact Dan at http://www.iscracerstape.com/ and tell him you heard about the tape at MTBR. It's the same stuff that comes on the Mojo's chainstay so it's perfectly fine to use on the Mojo.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Try this stuff at pricepoint. It is called Bonk. Essentially a clear bra for your bike. Works great on the down tube or anywhere else you may want to put it.http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/14620-400_BNKDI6-0-Search--/Bonk!-Paint-Protection-Film-Do-It-Yourself-Kit.htm