boba
    Dec 2007

Fox Talas 32 or Fox RLC 32

Our bikes are ordered with XT kit and the Fox RLC 32's but for a hundred dollars more, we can upgrade to the Talas 32. I don't know if the adjustable front fork is necessary on a Mojo, but we do a lot of fairly steep climbing....Does anylone out there have a Fox Talas on their Mojo and do you find it useful? Bob Austin, Vancouver Island.

mtbr member
    I sold my Talas on E- Bay,I found I didnt use it.The bike is so well balenced on steep climbs it wasnt necesary for me.There has also been talk that they are not as plush on small bump stuff,but I didnt notice this.It is also heavier with more technolgy to go wrong.I hope this helps.
    milesW

boba
    Dec 2007

talas vs RLCs

from Bob Austin who asked the question, I should have mentioned that because of the steep downhill terain, we will be running a 60 to 70mm. stem on our Mojo's, which are not as conducive to climbing, so if anyone else responds to the question, maybe this should be taken into consideration.

bob

flow where ever you go
    In the past discussions on this topic there are some Mojo users who do find value in the Talas and other who do not. I don't think it is much help and certainly not needed. I am using a 150mm Pace fork and don't need to drop the front travel, but do on occasion. All my trails are full of steeps. I find the bike so well balanced that the front end stays planted on steeps even with the 150mm fork. But I do have a 110mm stem and don't know how much different it would be with a 70mm. But I think the balance of the bike is so good that a shorter stem would not feel like an advantage on the downhills (as least on my bike with the 150mm fork). My guess is you'll be happiest with the the stem that fits best. As for the fork, maybe someone with a short stem can tell you how that rides with or without a Talas.

"I must not be crazy because I'm seriously questioning my sanity"

Mojo0115
    Nov 2004
    My wife likes the Talas adjust ability for climbs. I never used it when I had a Talas on my Mojo and never used the Pace Launch Control. However the Pace lock down was not as flexible is application as the Talas.

I haven't locked down the height on my Lyrik, but I haven't taken it on any extended technical climbs yet as that is more a summer style of riding for me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

I like the Talas...

I like the Talas feature and use it on the climbs and find it makes climbing easier.
    I am all for anything that makes climbing easier.
    I find that about half the people like the Talas and half see no need for it.
    Diversity is good
    Rick

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    I am a big fan of the RLC Talas. I have one on my Mojo with a 90mm stem and use the adjustments all the time. I have one on my Epiphany and on my MotoLite. When I built my brothers bike I put one on his Exogrid and he LOVES it. If I get the SL I will get the 36 Talas. So I guess you could say I'm sold on the Talas. I'm 5'7" and ride at 155 pounds. Hope this helps
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member

R u riding a 32?

Quote Originally Posted by pachaven
    I am a big fan of the RLC Talas. I have one on my Mojo with a 90mm stem and use the adjustments all the time. I have one on my Epiphany and on my MotoLite. When I built my brothers bike I put one on his Exogrid and he LOVES it. If I get the SL I will get the 36 Talas. So I guess you could say I'm sold on the Talas. I'm 5'7" and ride at 155 pounds. Hope this helps
    If so, how much PSI do you use for your weight? I'm about 195 geared and I find 50PSI is MORE than enough. Scratching my head because FOX indicates alot more for their TALAS manual.