mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Fox RP23 all bushings

i need help on what kind of tools i need to remove my upper and lower bushings and the shaft that goes through the bushing....

Dropshot Champ!
    it's such a nightmare. Everyone swears they're the easiest thing to remove, but they aren't.

I've used sockets and hammer, but a ball joint press seems to work the best.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    is there any specific ball joint press u using? is there one u can buy in homedepot?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I did it last week using two sockets and a bench vice. One socket slightly smaller than the du bushing and one large enough to let it fall through the other side. They're pretty tight so don't be afraid to crank on the the vice. It certainly wasn't a walk-in-the-park but seems to have worked without any damage to the coating.

Fyi- Fox said to put the new polymer bushings in dry. I wasn't sure and mine didn't come with any destructions (I presume thats why you are removing the old du bushing).

Good luck...

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Only problem i dont have a vise. il see if i can work something out without a vise.
    Thanks for the tip.

mtbr member
    I know this breaks the DIY ethic, but i took mine down to the LBS and since they have the right press it took 5 mins and $10. Worth it in my book, especially to make sure it's done right...