mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Fox Fit 150 Feedback

I just sold my 2008 talas 140's for the new fox talas fit rlc 150's, Got a fairly decent price on them compared to what the 2011 will be selling for. Plus I like the 3-travel settings

Any comments on how you guys like them?

On my 2008's the ramp up seem to be very steep at close to full travel. Therefore I was never able to get a full travel out of the gems.

I'm hoping the fit sytem will be better and easier to sevice.

David

More Torque
    I like my 2010s, compared to the 09s I had prior.

Positives:

Better Talas knob
    More travel
    QR15 - easier to use and more secure - not sure if I can feel a difference in stiffness
    Uses more of its travel
    Feels a bit more plush overall
    Better arrangement of the LSC and rebound knobs

Negatives:

Still not able to dial out as much brake dive as I'd like, without the LSC making it feel harsh.
    Supposed to be more difficult to service, though I have not tried it yet
    Only been able to get close to full travel once, when doing a hard front wheel landing off of a tall log drop off. Note that I don't do a ton of jumps and stunts, however.
    Still searching for that holy grail of no stiction, though low pressure, high volume tubeless helps to eat up the small chatter
    Pricey

Did you notice that the 2011s look to only have a 2 position Talas adjustment? That's a major step backward, in my opinion. I use all three positions frequently, and would not want to give them up. The new upper leg finish looks cool, though.

-D

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I had the '07 Talas RLC, actually bought in the middle of 08. Essentially the same as the 08 model except for colour and brake tab. Got the '10 Talas FIT early last Nov and the difference is night and day. Not that I really felt the older Talas was shabby, as I could get almost full travel and used the travel adjust feature a few times each ride. But the newer Talas is definitely more plush and you definitely should achieve full travel. On the same downhill run, I've used it at both 100mm and 140mm, and I would bottom out at the lower travel setting a couple times if going at full speed. It's a nasty and scary konking sound though....

mtbr member
    I've heard great things about the 2010 Talas. There was a thread dedicated to it a month or two back in this Ibis forum.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    The newley revised Terralogic will be out shortly, this should help a little on the brake dive... plus offer the much missed pedal platform I liked so much...
    Best racing series in the West!
    http://www.bicyclingevents.com
    Helmet cam reviews
    http://www.helmetcamreview.com