Thread: formula brakes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007

formula brakes.

i will be purchasing oro puro brakes and i guess the front comes with 85 or 100cm length of brake line. and the rear comes with 150 or 165 length. don't want to do any cutting. my frame is the large mojo???????????????

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    disreguard buying the avid juicy ult.

www.derbyrims.com
    I recently installed Formula K24 Oro's on my large size Mojo.

The rear required about 5 inches (about 16 cm) cut from the rear 150cm line. I was able to avoid bleeding by keeping the line vertical to prevent draining any fluid while cutting and assembling the banjo fitting included with each brake. Read the instructions carefully before doing it.

The front fit well without shortening. I don't know the length. You could measure your current front line to know.

These are great brakes, very quiet using the Formula rotors, powerful and excellent modulation.

I got to test "The One" model on a friend's bike recently, the modulation is just as excellent and power even stronger, more power than I need especially for the $200 cost difference, but they do look very nice.

Edit: I'm sorry... after humdinger's post I realized I have shorter cables due to my custom cable routing under the top-tube. You probably don't have to cut the rear line of the 150cm. Also I see you’ve chosen Avid Juicy, designed by Formula. Do a search in the Brakes Forum, (you may want to reconsider Formulas).
    Last edited by derby; 03-25-2008 at 08:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Hi,

I had Oro K24's on my last Mojo which was also a large and they fit straight away with no cutting or bleeding. They could have maybe been cut down slightly but only for aesthetic reasons, functionally worked perfectly.

Just waiting for the SL frame to arrive now, also have seen that can get Oro K24's in Black which would look killer on the new SL. Saw them on the Cube Stereo bike. Always thought the K18's were black and the K24s silver like the ones I already have?

Good choice with the Formulas though, best brakes on market, period.