mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Which Fork for new Mojo SL

Like many I am waiting with anticipation for my new SL frame to arrive . I am collecting all the goodies to put on the bike but cant make up my mind on which fork to fit.
    The Mojo I took for a demo had a Fox 32 140mm float which was good but a tad flexy when pushed.
    I am aiming to build my ultimate bike , light enough for all day XC use plus tough enough for AM use. I am thinking of the new 20mm bolt through fork from DT swiss ( a new version of the old PACE 150mm fighter fork) . I like the thought of 150mm travel up front. Has anyone any experience of using the PACE 150mm fighter fork on the Mojo ?.
    The Fox TALAS 36 or Float 36 is anothe roption but significantly heavier. The DT swiss will be about 1560gm , which is amazing for a 150mm bolt through fork.

Amphibious Technologies
    The fork of choice is definitely the 'zoke 66
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    In the latest pictures of Brian he uses a 55 ATA. For all around riding, i think the 55 might be a better choice than the 66
    Terry Larrazabal Bike Festival www.tlbf.org
    Ibis Bow Ti
    IF steel deluxe
    IF 953 SSR
    Sycip Diesel SS
    Parlee Z3

mtbr member
    A PP works for me.....Rock Shox Pike 454 PUSHED.......waiting on my Sl as well
    Just ride and quit bit$hin........
    SANTA CRUZ TALLBOY LT...SIR9-SS-....Supersix-EVO soon....

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I run a Pace RC41 Fighter on my ibis. I did have a float on the front but didn't get on with it.

The Pace is rock solid. Great steering and the action is plush as owt. The old pace had a few reliability issues (although mine has been fine) but with DT Swiss on side now it should be fine.

Also, red anodised bits on a mojo sl will look great with the red on the DT Swiss.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I really wanted to get something lighter, but I have had 4 Fox forks and all four have been absolutely perfect and trouble-free, so I decided on the Float. I had one Marzocchi recently (Marathon SL) and it was a flimsy piece o'crap in comparison, and the same weight as the Fox.

Sure, the DT Swiss would look great, but isn't it going to be like $1500 or something? I'm still getting used to having to pay $600 for a fork.

So, even though I think the Fox is unattractive and not superlight, my experience tells me to not take a chance on anything else right now.

KN

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kines
    I really wanted to get something lighter, but I have had 4 Fox forks and all four have been absolutely perfect and trouble-free, so I decided on the Float. I had one Marzocchi recently (Marathon SL) and it was a flimsy piece o'crap in comparison, and the same weight as the Fox.

Sure, the DT Swiss would look great, but isn't it going to be like $1500 or something? I'm still getting used to having to pay $600 for a fork.

So, even though I think the Fox is unattractive and not superlight, my experience tells me to not take a chance on anything else right now.

KN
    Thanks to the Bush-repubblican war-madness the DT is completely out of bounds priceways (take about a worthless dollar). Still I would be a bit worried about the Fox Float. It is actually light but its performance is not that great. You might need to have it Pushed (they modify, among other thing, the LL air chamber) and that is an extra 250-300 with shipment ... A Rock shock (maybe last year) starts to look like a good alternative.