mtbr member

Fork choice for a Mojo?

What do you Mojo owners think about the new Fox F120 for the front end. I think that it might have to much front end drop in relation to the rear, not balanced as well, Just trying to get lighter without be stupid light.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Bad Idea, the bike is designed around a 140 mm fork. Why mess with perfection!

Unpredictable
    The bike will ride well, but not at it's absolute best. Tight corners and climbing will be good, but I suspect you would feel more balanced and comfortable at 140mm and a little more XC racer like at 120mm. It is a light bike already. Perhaps wait for the new generation all carbon forks to evolve over the next year.

holding back the darkness
    Maverick DUC32. Go with the SC32 if you are scared of the extra travel. Lightweight and effective.
    **** censorship

mtbr member

Wtf

Go than with WTF 130mm Manitou

MountainGoat aka OldGoat
    Quote Originally Posted by buggymancan
    If this correct that 140mm is perfect, what would the ride be like with a 36 Talas (100-130-160mm) when I would ride most of the time at 130mm? Do you think the 36 is a good fit for the SL?
    Vote with your feet.
    No bike is perfect!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by buggymancan
    If anything the Mojo can easily handle a fork longer then 140mm (510 AC) but a 120 is not so good: I personally did not like a Fox 130 on it.

So: no for the Fox 120 or anything less then 500 AC (the 130 works), yes (of course) for a Fox 140, and yes too for anything in the, say, 510-530 AC range.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I accept the bike is designed "around" 140mm front fork and that is probably the optimum. Does 10mm really make that much difference to the overall handling of the bike? The WTF kit has a Manitou Minute MRD, which I may be mistaken but is only 130mm travel!!

I only say this as I have an option on a frame, and was thinking of transferring the kit form my old bike below over and then slowly upgrading. What do you guys reckon?? Please note the steerer tube is 220mm long!

Front Suspension Fox Talas RL w/air pressure, travel, rebound, lockout, alloy steerer 220mm long, 90-130mm
    Wheels Bontrager Race Lite
    Tires Panracer FireXcpro 2.1
    Shifters SRAM X-9, 9 speed w/MatchMaker
    Front Derailleur Shimano Deore XT
    Rear Derailleur SRAM X-0
    Crank Shimano Deore XT 44/32/22
    Cassette SRAM PG970 11-32, 9 speed
    Saddle Bontrager Race Lite
    Seat Post Bontrager Race Lite
    Handlebars Bontrager Race Lite,
    Stem Bontrager Race X Lite, 7 degree,
    Brakeset Avid Juicy 7, hydraulic disc; 185mm rotors

Thanks for your help..

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    UK Mojo owner here.....I've got a Revelation 426 running at 130mm on the front of my Mojo with no problems. I've never run it at 140mm so can't really compare but 130 mm my bike handles perfectly. I think you'll be fine at 130.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I think 130 would be fine (10mm will make marginal difference that the rider cant even feel), 100mm if only you climb real steep hills.
    07 Giant Anthem 2 (Int'l Edition) | omartan.co.cc
    Im a MOJO Fanboy

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide
    If anything the Mojo can easily handle a fork longer then 140mm (510 AC) but a 120 is not so good: I personally did not like a Fox 130 on it.

So: no for the Fox 120 or anything less then 500 AC (the 130 works), yes (of course) for a Fox 140, and yes too for anything in the, say, 510-530 AC range.
    Davide - I'm curious what about the Fox 130 you didn't like? As far as the bike handling goes anyway.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    140mm seems to run perfectly on the Mojo, don't need travel adjust or anything.

Have you considered the 2008 Manitou Minute IT Absolute 140, infinite travel adjust, 3.6Lbs, perfect? I think so, but thats just IMHO. Personally I had a nasty time with the DUCs, no damping, spikey, unreactive on small bumps and dived on bigger hits. Lightweight for the travel but not worth it at all in my opinion and I did try various settings and try to make them work. Really though, no offence Subliminalshiver, just my opinion.

F120s a sweet fork but wouldn't work on Mojo, 130mm a minimum, the Ibis guys spec their forks carefully to match and complement the Mojo.