mtbr member
    May 2004

Fork choice help please.

Hi ive got an mojo am build, and my mate was so impressted he has gone and won him self a frame on ebay. Now the problem is he is a bit poor now and wants to borrow a set of forks of me, so my question is what is the minimum travel you could use i have a set of pace's with 130mm or lyrick with 160mm, both i will have to take of a bike temperaly so not a big issue there as im riding the mojo at the moment.
    Any words of wisdom would be great my thoughts are the lyricks but he is not to used to long travel with the extra weight hence the question regards the pace cheers for any help on this bat

Founder: Dirty3hirties
    I believe that Tall Tom rides his Mojo with a 130....in fact the manual says that you should use a fork within the 130-150 range. You should also take into account the a-c lengths. A long 130 could be just as tall as a short 140 so effectively, the geo is the same.

mtbr member
    I would definitely go with the 130 over the 160 unless he's not riding up even moderately steep hills. I ride a Talas 32 which is adjustable to 140-120-100, and I usually dial it to 140 for the downhill and 100 for uphill. At 140 the front end gets too light on steep uphills, so 160 would be no fun at all.

And I have sometimes accidentally left it at 120 for downhills, and the difference wasn't very noticeable---so 130 would be just fine. (Of course if he does mostly shuttle rides or doesn't mind pushing uphill, I'm sure the 160 would be quite fun on the downhills!)

mtbr member
    May 2004

Cheers guys

Thanks you guys, im going with the 130mm pace as a loaner so as not to lose my nomad as and when i want it and he wants it built asap anyway. Once again cheers Bat.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    last year i bought the reba team 100mm with the poploc for my giant nrs. here in michigan we don't have to many crazy climbs, descents drops, ledges. would this fork be good enough for my new mojo. if not tell me why it wouldn't, because i am clueless on this matter. thanks. if not that would suck for me because this fork has very, very low miles on it. it is like brand new. i think maybe i have 100 or so miles on it.