Thread: Flex

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Flex

I've ridden a Mojo since December and I simply love it!

However, on the last rides I've noticed that there is some sideways flex between the main frame parts. The main triangle moves pretty much to the left when I push down the right pedal.

In steep climbs I notice it because the chain starts to interfere with the front mech. Is this normal? I've tried to tighten the links, but this seem not to help

It's the axle
    I've had a similar sounding chain sound when pedaling while the suspension is bottomed out.

I'm not sure what it is. And it's only occurred a couple of times. But it wasn't due to flex. I say that because I wasn't doing anything but sitting on the seat and pedaling. No major cranking.

You might even try deflating the shock and seeing if you can duplicate it that way.

I'm not sure that our situations are even related.

I thought it was the chain rubbing the top of the front derailleur. But it does it in the middle ring as well, so I kind of doubt that's it.
    Last edited by Gregg K; 04-23-2007 at 06:20 PM.

Knomer
    Under high loads, your chain will actually flex to a place far different than it's natural resting position. You may have moved your front derailleur in a crash or during transport. Check which gear you're getting the most rub under load, and move the cage accordingly.