mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Upset Flat tire...bummer

I came home from school yesterday and the rear tire on my ibis mojo was totally flat. I still have no idea how it happened. I needed to go to my LBS anyway so I guess theres no riding for me today

mtbr member
    Ever hear of something called an air pump?

But seriously, why are you taking it to your LBS? What will you do when you get a flat on the trail?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I didn't have any tubes... What else could I do? No need for the attitude.

mtbr member
    Get some Stans goo up in those tires.

komojo dragon
    Mar 2007
    I was super lucky with my old bike, pretty much no flats for years at a whack, flat on the mo on 4th ride , was half flat when I got home... a thorn! I picked up a kevlar tire liner - light and the tech says they work really well... goo is another form of insurance I haven't tried on a bike - many have..

always good to have a tube and some tire tools with ya... just in case!
    O-Jo-Mo-Jo!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Another Flat

Today i went riding again and guess what... ANOTHER FLAT!! This time i had tubes on me so i just put a new tube on. I think it is that the tubes i had are ultralight. Also how does the Stans goo work?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Feed Me
    Today i went riding again and guess what... ANOTHER FLAT!! This time i had tubes on me so i just put a new tube on. I think it is that the tubes i had are ultralight. Also how does the Stans goo work?
    Are you making sure there is nothing in the tire? I know it's simple, but it's something that is overlooked sometimes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I am positive there is nothing in the tire i searched through the whole tire twice.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Panaracer Flataway + medium tubes = no punctures in past 2 years

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetai...20Tyre%20Liner

mojo mofo
    Sorry FM, that's some bad luck. If you have checked the inside of the tire for stuff then you might just be unlucky. Did you ride on the same trails?

I had a mystery flat a few days after my first ride as well, but then lust last ride I screwed up a curb hop and the rear tire hit at prime pinch flat speed. But no pinch flat! I have Stan's V355 with Kenda Nevegal Tomacs and tubes, the marketing said there would be fewer pinch flats with the rim's lower sidewalls and maybe it's actually true. After I got my flat I bought some Pedro's pre-glued patches, you get 6 small patches, a little sanding pad and it comes in a small (1.5" square) plastic cover. Works great and its only a few bucks, totally worth having in the backpack (or even pocket) if you're running tubes.